mmonteirorj's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

A short story that made feel what is to be a local guide

i few months ago I was in Rio das Ostra, Rio de Janeiro. We were hosted in a beach house and I need to by bread for breakfast and I searched google maps for suggestions of bakerys nd the nearest one was 800m far. As a runner I went running using the routes feature. But even with all of this help I entered in a wrong street and endded up finding another bakery that was not listed and was nearer to the place I was staying. 

I bought my bread and went to the front of the bakery to take a picture.

The owner, an old man that would not evem know what google is about asked me why I was taking pictures. I answered him it was for google and then went back to my run with the bread earlier than i thought.

I' m included the old man's bakery in google and know the picture I took was viewed more than 20 times. I helped the old man's businnes to be known and to grow. Also i helped other people travelling ro Rio das Ostras find bread easily.

That's what being a google guide means to me. Help people and make the economy of my country grow. And to you, what that means to you? What's your  story?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
2 comments
Level 6

Re: A short story that made feel what os to be a local guide

Great story!

Thanks for sharing!

Level 6

Re: A short story that made feel what os to be a local guide

@mmonteirorj Awesome!!!  That's inspiring.