jordi7's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A picture is worth a thousand words

Hello everyone!

Today I want to share my favorite contribution on Google Maps which you guessed from the title of this post. I want to start by saying that I'm not a creative person and due to my job I always focus on the technical side of things, function over form. That's why being a Local Guide helps me balance that aspect, I can forget about the technical stuff that I'm used to and focus on helping users in a more artistic way. I'm improving my skills, learning new techniques from friends, developing my imagination and more.

Thanks to Maps and the wonderful people who contribute I've had the chance to play with really nice toys such as 360 cameras and other equipment in several meetups I've attended, but what really enables me to capture the most unexpected places or events is my phone, the amount of power that we have in our pockets it's unbelievable.

My pictures are now getting close to 1,5M views. Most of you broke that barrier a long time ago but I'm getting there. I don't upload everything I capture, which is a lot, trust me, because I prefer quality over quantity. My most viewed picture surpassed a quarter million views and it means a lot to me. I am a big racing fan so attending a race and being able to step on the asphalt was really special and you made that photograph rise to the top of the list!

Sin título.png

Barcelona, España