sburkett's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

A local shop changed name and menu but the photos and reviews of the old place are still up

A local restaurant changed its name, menu, and decor. It is essentially a completely different place. The name in maps changed to reflect the new name and website, but it kept the reviews and photos from the previous location. How would you correct this?

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: A local shop changed name and menu but the photos and reviews of the old place are still up

Hello @sburkett if so much has changed, the advice I have seen here is: mark the place a permanently closed and add a new POI. But as the name and website are already changed, this might have been done by the business owner. Is the POI claimed by the owner or not?

What you can always do, is flag the old photos as inappropriate (unfortunately 'outdated' is not an option there, so you'll have to pick another one) and add a review of your own mentioning that older reviews might still refer to the older situation.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 6

Re: A local shop changed name and menu but the photos and reviews of the old place are still up

The POI does appear to be claimed. Is reporting the place as closed still a viable option or should I just start flagging all of the old photos? I have a review of the old place that I can edit to reflect the changes.

Connect Moderator

Do you know if the business owner is still the same? If it is another owner, adding a new POI is definitely the best option - but as it is claimed, it might be best to talk with the business owner about the topic.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply