cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

A Wide Area POI Needs Recognition

Dear Googlers,

POI: Sen Mukherjee Bagan Housing Complex

This is a housing complex and not a particular singular POI. Please find the screenshot in which I have drawn the border area where the POI is situated. 

Screenshot_2023-08-17-21-37-14-99_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

By recognition I meant to say something like this: VMRDA Kailasagiri  . Look how the place is showing on Maps and this is also a wide area POI.

Screenshot_2023-08-18-01-13-23-01_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

Regards

Dibyayan Chakravorty 

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: A Wide Area POI Needs Recognition

Hi @DibyayanC 

Please see 
- Stuff we can not edit on Google Maps

Such data issues are better dealt with this in the Maps support forum.

Hit the Community tab at the top and make a post. You need to attach or link to official documentation supporting the change you are proposing. Copyright-free governmental maps are probably the best proof you can attach.

Without such official documentation, you will not be successful.

Finally, keep in mind that private housing should normally not be on Google Maps.

Cheers
Morten

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @DibyayanC 

Please see 
- Stuff we can not edit on Google Maps

Such data issues are better dealt with this in the Maps support forum.

Hit the Community tab at the top and make a post. You need to attach or link to official documentation supporting the change you are proposing. Copyright-free governmental maps are probably the best proof you can attach.

Without such official documentation, you will not be successful.

Finally, keep in mind that private housing should normally not be on Google Maps.

Cheers
Morten

Level 10

@MortenCopenhagen 

Thanks 👍

That sounds like a heavy task 😳

Connect Moderator

@DibyayanC 

It is. And I phrase it like a strong warning, because it is very difficult to be successful in this. I often see people wishing to put their rural village on the Map. There the problem is that there might not be a good enough public / official Maps available. Or the official map will not show the village or show another name.

It's not good advice to encourage people to do things that they are unlikey to be successful with.

All the best

Morten