Emmik20's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

A Return to Olympic Park Resort.

Caption:  Lido Castel at the center with its three spires. On the left is a grill house and a tree. On the right is cable car and section of a building.Caption: Lido Castel at the center with its three spires. On the left is a grill house and a tree. On the right is cable car and section of a building.

The weather was warm last week when I was thinking of what to write this week, was it to visit Botanical garden or just go for walk somewhere in city. Momentarily, I came up with idea of revisiting Olympic Park .it is a park I have long forgotten existed.

Caption: A Hotel building inside Olympic park.Caption: A Hotel building inside Olympic park.

Going to it would be my second time in five years’ time. The reason being that it is more of resort than any other things, I just don’t think about it. First time was when a popular photographer took us there for photo section. It was there I first saw this magnificent castle and did not give much thought to it then.

Caption: A bluish-green Dragon with brass underbelly sculptor standing entrance door to one of the hotel’s buildings.Caption: A bluish-green Dragon with brass underbelly sculptor standing entrance door to one of the hotel’s buildings.

Olympic  is a combination of park, sport center, ski-jumping field, forest, ice skating field, River Beach, Restaurant, Bars and Hotel.

Surprisingly, the park flagship castle turned out to be a hotel called LIDO . A brief check on the website confirmed it to be hotel resort and I could see that lodging cost $50 per night.

Caption: Grill house within the park premises.Caption: Grill house within the park premises.

Expectedly, the hotel has fine restaurant, Hookah bar and Coffee-shop. I was particularly attracted to a coffee shop named AFRICA . I simply like its Safari style interior and the fact that it is named Africa.

Caption:  A red-green Chinese doorway with two golden imperial guardian lions.Caption: A red-green Chinese doorway with two golden imperial guardian lions.

Farther within the premises are cottage houses and Chinese restuarant . I saw that Chinese restaurant has unique red painting, at the entrance are two imperial guardian lion ornaments which I supposed are there to welcome visitors.

Caption: A white sculptor of smiling BuddhaCaption: A white sculptor of smiling Buddha

Again, there is Smiling Buddha statue, this I have seen in many places especially in shops. I heard “he brings good luck’’. Whether that is true or not, I imagined how nice it would be to come here in summer when the trees are green and flowers blossomed.

Caption: A red Chinese style restaurant building.Caption: A red Chinese style restaurant building.

Caption: A cottage house among forest trees and snow-covered ground.Caption: A cottage house among forest trees and snow-covered ground.

Caption:  A cottage house in the park. On the roof is a thick layer of snow.Caption: A cottage house in the park. On the roof is a thick layer of snow.

Caption:  Wooden fence row at Gammy adventure park. Above are ropes, tires, safety-net and platform suspended from the tree trunks.Caption: Wooden fence row at Gammy adventure park. Above are ropes, tires, safety-net and platform suspended from the tree trunks.

At the back of the Chinese restaurant is Gammi adventure park  of which I have no doubt will evoke a thrilling experience if I decided to go in.  I could see ropes and car tires tied for up to the tree trunks. Some are as high as 13 meters from the ground. Ticket prices varies from 200 Ruble for individual to 5000 Ruble for groups and organization ($ 2.68 - $67).Caption: A road leading to the castle with snow covered ground and row of trees both its side.Caption: A road leading to the castle with snow covered ground and row of trees both its side.

Caption: A German architecture style sport complex. The front ground is covered in snow.Caption: A German architecture style sport complex. The front ground is covered in snow.

Next place is the Lido-sport  complex, the complex has Gym center, a paintball game and an Armenian cafe named Old Yerevan. Outside is a slopy Ice-skating field majorly for experienced skaters.

Caption:  A section of the cable car support.Caption: A section of the cable car support.

Other sport facilities in the complex are strictly for professional ski jumping. There is winter Sports training center for both professional sportsmen and women. A cable car runs from top to the bottom of the field, which one can ride for a fee.Caption:  A Ski jumping field, toward the left are the cable car support poles. Far in the bottom is river Ufa and surrounding villages.Caption: A Ski jumping field, toward the left are the cable car support poles. Far in the bottom is river Ufa and surrounding villages.

The rest of the park is covered in forest. It is calm and unruffled. It is a place where visitors go for walk and unburden their minds.

Bashkiria Forest.jpg

Ufa, Russia
19 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: A Return to Olympic Park Resort.

Your photos are superb @Emmik20 those buildings in the snow is quite attractive.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Emmik20,

Kudos for writing this post! It looks like such a nice place to go and enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Which part of the resort you liked the most?

Did you know you can also add the Google Maps link to the Olympic Park Resort you mentioned in your post? This will help other Local Guides understand better where it is located and could help them find more additional information such as recently added reviews and photos. You can edit your post just by clicking on the three dots on the left: Edit your post - Why and How To.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hi @Sophia_Cambodia   Thanks the comment. The park is nice one . A good place I would recommend for a walk in summer. I actually took those photographs when it was snowing . I guess that was what made few of the photographs attractive. 

Connect Moderator

True, snowing or ski resort often attract my attention @Emmik20 believe it or not, I went to the ski resort 3 times in one month of my visit in Washington. I just do not get tired of it.

Level 9

Hello @TsekoV  Thanks for the recommendation. I don't  think a Google Map link exist for the park. I tried to find it before now but nothing turn up.

IMG_20210206_124714_compress46.jpg

Level 9

Hi @Sophia_Cambodia  You are a courageous woman ! And I might be encouraged to try skiing again .

Now , I can only laugh simple because it reminded me of the day attempted skiing on hill in Pervouralsk ,it did not end well. Eversince , I have stayed clear of anything skiing.

Connect Moderator

Great photos and story about Olympic Park Resort @Emmik20.  It looks like an amazing place to visit and indeed the castle looks magnificent. I agree with @TsekoV that a pinned map would be ideal with your post.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 9

Amazing photos and great description @Emmik20 . All the photos are very much clear and very attractive. Thanks a lot for sharing this nice post with us here. Stay safe. Regards. 

Level 9

Hello @AdamGT  Thanks for the commendation. Yes , that park is amazing place to visit especially in summer or for those who engaged winter sport I am sure January is the best month to visit.

I will try to find right link on google map and If not, I will definitely create it as new place on google map.