ohenebakatakyie207's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A New Way to Learn English Language

Do you desire to improve upon your English Language Proficiency skills

Is English Language not your native or official mode of communication in your current country of residence or origin ?

Perhaps, you might be considering of writing the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Test of English As A Foreign Language (TOEFL) in order to apply for a scholarship or admission into a tertiary institution or work abroad ?

Look no further, I have got juicy tips to share with you. in order for you to learn the language in a more flexible and easier way.  Here lies the opportunity for you to get in touch with speakers of English Language and improve upon your oratory skills and fluency in the English Language.

The Local Guides Connect platform is the ideal avenue for you to express yourself and interact with speakers of the versatile language. English Language is a major, universal and internationally acceptable mode of communication  for all Google users in the world.

You will get the liberty to practice the skill in the speaking of the language in a more friendly and rewarding manner even before you resolve to take the exams.

As a staunch contributor to Google Maps, I desire to meet up and socialize with new local guides and Connect members in order to share ideas and create stronger, lasting relationships regardless of distance or language barrier. This has greatly inculcated a high sense of the desire to learn new words, phrases and style of presenting ideas in a flawless and standard format.

Google Maps and Local Guides Connect have given me this incredibly awesome virtual platform to interact  in English Language with people from diverse backgrounds across the globe; regardless of their race or country of origin, skin color, gender, religious affiliation, marital or social status.

My involvements with local guides alongside my contributions to Google Maps have made me more confident and resilient in answering questions people pose about places of interest in my community and beyond.
I have been able to explore and experience a virtual taste of certain dynamic and awesome foreign cultures and environments.

I have significantly improved upon my readability and comprehension skills alongside my ability to formulate novel ideas, use the appropriate lexical register to describe a unique subject of interest under consideration, construct grammatically accurate and flawless sentences whenever I am giving a vivid description about an event or reviewing a place on the map. 
Through Google Maps and Local Guides Connect, I have come to further appreciate and embrace new people, made new friends irrespective of distance. I have also learnt new words and their contextual and figurative meanings in various disciplines of life. 

I feel so grateful to Google Maps and Local Guides Connect for the life- transforming exposure and the avenue for me to explore my community and make new relationships with other local guides in the world as well as the free opportunity to practice and improve upon my English Proficiency Skills.

Kumasi, Ghana
3 comments
Level 7

Re: A New Way to Learn English Language

Hi @ohenebakatakyie207 

Thank you for reading my post. It's good tips, because I still pratice my English too. Greeting from Indonesia.

Let's guide!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ohenebakatakyie207,

I’m going to move your post to the Local Stories board on Connect where the Local Guides are sharing their trending stories related to the area where they live in and how they improve Google Maps.The How-tos section of Connect is the board where you can share your questions or tips related to Local Guides program or your Google Maps contributions.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Very Helpful