Blahos's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

A Greek in South Africa

B608BD15-13E8-417C-883E-EFB3135A08B8.jpegHello, from South Africa, my name is Yannis Papathanasis. I am from Greece but the last two years I live in Johannesburg. The reason I became a local guide is because I want to share my experiences with other people around the world. It’s an amazing feeling as the photos that we share can be a reason to make other people want to visit the places where the pictures were taken. We should never forget that our ancestors in very difficult situations discovered the world. I admire them and they give me courage to discover for myself as many places I can. Even as an idea it makes me feel alive. I also want to emphasize that with local guides,new friendships can be made which I believe can help us discover the places more easily. Local guides is a great way of finding out about a place -being the ones who know anything about it-who can help us with showing the attractions,the cuisine as well as the people of a place.Sun citySun cityJohannesburgJohannesburgSouth African womanSouth African woman

Johannesburg, Γιοχάνεσμπουργκ, Νότια Αφρική
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: A Greek in South Africa

Hi @Blahos,

Thanks for sharing your lovely post about South Africa. It is for sure one of my favorite places in the world! What would be your top spot to visit in Johannesburg?

I'm also glad to hear you are interested in meeting your fellow Local Guides. This is a fun way to interact and make new friends in your area. Please feel free to have a look at the links below, as these tips are useful to plan a successful meet-up.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!