NahidHossain's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

A Day of Learning and Fun with Zuboraj in Rajshahi

Last Tuesday was a really cool day when I got to meet Zuboraj, a famous local guide from Bangladesh. I found a post asking for people to hang out in my city. I knew about @zoburaz  because he's very active on Local Guides Connect and does lots of events. I was pretty excited to meet him.

I sent him a message asking when we could meet. I also asked fellow local guides from my local mapping community group if they wanted to come along. Two of them said yes pretty quickly.

Nongor restaurant, photo contains Zuboraj, Asaduzzaman Raju & Najmul discussing togetherNongor restaurant, photo contains Zuboraj, Asaduzzaman Raju & Najmul discussing together

So, I and another local guide from Rajshahi @AsaduzzamanRaju went to meet Zuboraj at the lobby of his hotel. We called to say hi, and then we all went to explore the city together. I've been living in this city for 16 years, so I wanted to show Zuboraj some really nice parts of it that he might not have seen before.

Later, we met another guide, @nazmul11, at Padma Garden. Najmul is also active in google local guides and likes joining events. All four of us hung out in the garden, and then we showed Zuboraj some new places by the Padma River. We went to a big restaurant called Nongor, which used to be owned by a former national cricket captain named Khaled Masud Pilot.

We all four in one frameWe all four in one frame

We sat down at the restaurant and had a good talk about building a volunteer team and doing activities for the community. Zuboraj is a professional computer engineer and knows a lot about cybersecurity; we learned many cool things from him.

We had soup and wanton at the restaurant, and after that, we walked around the area. Then we went to see fancy lights on a road that everyone was talking about through social media. We took rickshaws and went to another popular place called CNB Moar. They make a famous kind of food there called Mishti (Sweet) and Puri. Zuboraj was super excited and took videos of how they make it with his phone.

Some selfie moment took by ZuborajSome selfie moment took by Zuboraj

Meeting Zuboraj was amazing. He's charming and friendly and shared a lot about local guides' journeys. It was awesome to learn from him and spend time together.

Rajshahi, Bangladesh
3 comments
Level 7

Re: A Day of Learning and Fun with Zuboraj in Rajshahi

@NahidHossain You seem to have had a wonderful day of discovery and education with Zuboraj and other neighbourhood guides! It must have been a fantastic experience to meet him and see your city through his eyes. Hearing about the understandings and information you acquired while spending time together is fantastic.

Atik Hasan
Level 6

Meeting @zoburaz was amazing. He's charming and friendly and shared a lot about local guides' journeys. It was awesome to learn from him and spend time together 

It's heartening to see local guides like Zoburaj Nazmul, @NahidHossain  coming together to share knowledge, build community, and create lasting memories. Keep shining as a beacon of positivity in our local guide community.

Level 8

@NahidHossain  @AsaduzzamanRaju  @nazmul11  I really feel very privileged to meet you and to visit Rajshahi. As a local guide member I always enjoy this very much. We find our community members in every city I visit. Thanks for spending some wonderful time with me in Rajshahi.