moshtak786's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

365 days with Local Guides

365 days with Local Guides

It was third August of 2017 in the morning an e-mail from google maps knocked me inspiring for contributing in google maps to help others. The closed windows of my mind opened at that knocking and I was excited for that calling. A new way of mine was begun to start by me. I began to share the photos in google maps when I visited the new places. I began to review the places as per my experience. I began to answer the questions when the people asked about anything or any place. All were done from my passionate.

As a banker sometime I visit the different places for official purposes and when I fail to recognize a place, always I take the help from google maps to identify that place. Till now I am very much dependent on google maps while I visit a new place. Google Map is helping our Bank such way.

Since my childhood I am a traveler. When I get scope I get out from my home for exploring the new places. I love to visit the new places always. Now when I get opportunities I travel different places in home and abroad with my family. My wife becomes astonished when she is with me and we go to a new place without any hassle with the help of google maps. She assumes that probably I have visited the place before.

When I go to a new place I try to observe it very well. Firstly I take some snaps and upload those in google maps. Secondly I rate the place as per my observation. Thirdly I review the place as per my experience. But if I have not enough time in my hand I review it in leisure time. Some time I go out for contributing in google maps in public holiday and try to find missing places in that area, when I find out a missing place I add that place as a missing place. My pleasure is increased as well as points, perks, badges, level, etc. I feel more enjoyments to do these works.

I am learning a lot of things from google maps and google local guide connects as a google local guide. I feel proud to become a tiny member of the largest google family. All the members of the family are very helpful, co-operative and cordial. Although I do not know them physically, but also they all are amazing. All the members of this family honor as well as help each other. Really I am grateful to all Google Administrators, Moderators, Fellows and ultimately all the members related to google maps and google connects. I think all of them are my teachers, brothers, sisters and more than friends. Though I have never seen them physically, I feel them very closest & heartiest to me.

I live in Dhaka of Bangladesh. You all are welcomed to visit to our country. There are many beautiful places in our country where you can visit. There is the longest sea beach, hill tracts, forests, rivers, tea gardens, fountains, historical places, natural scenes, etc. and absolutely entertained people. I believe you will be cheered if you travel here. At last I can assure for helping you If you communicate with me feel free before visiting here.

Subarnogram, Narsingdi, BangladeshSubarnogram, Narsingdi, BangladeshPolwel Convention Hall, Dhaka, BangladeshPolwel Convention Hall, Dhaka, BangladeshKing Rose, Dhaka, BangladeshKing Rose, Dhaka, BangladeshThe Fullerton Hotel, SingaporeThe Fullerton Hotel, SingaporeMarina Bay, SingaporeMarina Bay, Singapore

Dhaka, Bangladesh
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: 365 days with Local Guides

Hey @moshtak786

Thank you for this post. Reading it makes me realise how sometimes we underrate the pretty little things in our lives, the sense of discovery and the opportunity to share it with others. 

This is exactly what did you do so far, and you should be proud of yourself, because you show to us part of your world.

I have personally never been to Bangladesh, but if one day I will decide to do it I will keep in mind your words. 

Keep on with your great contribution, and thanks again for sharing your thoughts and pictures with us. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

I'll be very glad if I get opportunity to entertain.

Level 8

Hi @moshtak786,

I appreciate your 365 days journey in Local guide. Your contributions make a lot of differences. Hope you'll keep guiding us through google map. Thanks for sharing your memorable journey. 🙂

Level 8

@LyricMitra, thanks for appreciating.

Level 8

Good story 🙂  I like paragraph 5.  The Google family.  I can relate to that.  We have so much to learn, and learn from one another.  Specially the technical stuff with photo's etc.