Motercode's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

25 years ago i wish i had this google maps feature, that's what i love geotagging

Hello , my name is Fernando , and i what to share with you a little story to understand how important and relevant had been geotag information during my life.
This story began 25 years ago, as a young Spanish military pilot i joint 43 squadron of canadair CL-215 , and start to work as a fire bomber.
On 90’s there where a lot of forest fires around Spain and not only on summer time , so we made a loot of missions of few days on cities and airports around the Spain geography, those alarm missions force us to search places to sleep or to eat and as a ancient “google map places” we started to share between the crews paper maps with marks written on pen , or pieces of paper with “list” of the cheapest hotels, or the restaurant who can give you something to eat 24/h day.
Now i’m retired i don't work as fire-bomber anymore but , i make as much geotagged information as i can, a lot of maps, lists, reviews or 360 images for google street. Maybe will never happened but maybe , one day , someone will find this useful information in his live.IMG_20180117_122237.jpgIMG-20180109-WA0001.jpg

fernando gost , aka motercode