Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

#1Place-1Photo -03 - India’s first Sand Sculpture Museum - Awesome - TravellerG

Oh...sorry...the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Mysore Sand Sculpture Museum

The Place:

Artis Lakshmi - Photo by LG TravellerGArtis Lakshmi - Photo by LG TravellerG

Artist Lakshmi has created (& she maintains) India’s first Museum of Sand Art (in Mysore, India). This is a fascinating, private museum with very Creative Arts. In one acre of land, she has created almost 150 sand sculptures and was inaugurated in 2014. 

The very facial expression of this art proves her capability - am I right?

She has used different themes including Heritage & mythology, Dasare Procession, Wildlife, underwater, Pyramids, Art, Culture, etc.

Operational Hours being 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM; affordable fee with Photography free.

An hour will be good to cover this museum, with quality photos.

WheelChair.pngTick.pngEntry, Parking, Full Museum & Toilet.

Google Maps: Here.

The Photo:

The camera used is Sony 7R M2, f/8, S:1/160 & ISO 250 (24mm wide); A monopod Assisted shot in Manual Mode (in RAW). The lens is Tamaron 24-70 (with fixed f/2.8).

There is no special care needed in Sand art photography, though I lock the AE because the Sunlight keeps changing due to moving clouds. Direct Sunlight is to be avoided for the natural effect - hence suggest to plan your visit between 10 AM to 2 PM. Flash also is to be avoided. A slightly higher ISO gave me the flexibility of maintaining the colour temperature of the soil and F/8 assured the depth of field at 24mm.

Hope you all wil like this post - friends...

Wisnusetiono Harryskipper254, gilbert78Ravirajpanwar DanielEscrig RaviJung1986 SingleFlyer RAJENDRA3234 Umarshah SullyBeatz

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

7 comments
Level 10
Level 10

Re: #1Place-1Photo -03 - India’s first Sand Sculpture Museum - Awesome - TravellerG

Interesting information @TravellerG 

Do these sand sculptures persist there forever or need some periodic actions to preserve those? 

Level 10

Re: #1Place-1Photo -03 - India’s first Sand Sculpture Museum - Awesome - TravellerG

Level 10

Yes, Ji ...

"... Do these sand sculptures persist there forever..." I first visited in 2015 (inaugurated in 2014) & then onwards no additions or deletions; this also has created a sort of saturation.

"...need some periodic actions to preserve those..." - this, I am not very sure about... I have never noticed any maintenance, so far.

However, few petty shops were added in 2018/19 for selling souvenirs.

If your time permits:

If you view the different photos in the Google Maps (of this property), you will notice that there are 2 Colour Temperatures (White Balance) seen in common for most of the Contributions - one with brown tint high & another one with grey tint high. It is interesting to note this aspect, I think...

Any comment?

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

No, I am from Kerala, staying in Yercaud (Tamil Nadu). I also have a base in Bangalore.

I used to visit Mysuru, every year for Dasera or Photo-Shoots.

Thanks for your care..., LG @jayasimha78 

Level 10

Level 10

Oh... OK... that is great.

Before next trip, I shall inform you so that we can meet,

Thanks, dear @jayasimha78 

Best wishes

Level 10

@TravellerG That would be great if our trip dates match, we can plan to meet. I currently live in California, hopefully I can visit Mysuru next year, will keep in touch.