GevArt's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Мастера Йоду обижают! Не позволяют добавить точку на карту.

В Киевском Ботаническом саду им.НН.Гришко, разметкой которого я занимаюсь не первый год, есть популярная достопримечательность, которая недавно исчезла с карты. Я пытался заново наметить её - тщетно, Google Maps, которого я называю "Терминатор" не позволяет это сделать.
Достопримечательность имела десятки отзывов, сотни фотографий на Google Maps 
В Интернете есть очень много упоминаний о нем, вот, например http://old.qha.com.ua/ru/photo/master-ioda-sobral-svoih-fanatov-na-allee-sili-i-znanii/29258/#2

ВОПРОС: Почему точку "Мастер Йода" удалили и не позволяют снова установить? Какие есть идеи?2020-05-26_12-43-22.pngМастер Йода в КиевеМастер Йода в КиевеВерните Маттера Йоду на Google MapsВерните Маттера Йоду на Google MapsВерните Маттера Йоду на Google Maps!Верните Маттера Йоду на Google Maps!
Best wishes.
Киев, Украина
3 comments
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Мастера Йоду обижают! Не позволяют добавить точку на карту.

Hello @GevArt 
In my opinion, a statue within a garden doesn't deserve to be a separate POI. Else there will be a proliferation of places creating utter chaos.
However, the situation will change if the statue & not the garden becomes the star attraction.

Level 10

@C_T It was already POI and there was many reviews and pictures. It was one of the best attraction place in Kyiv National Botanical Garden. 
That place is presented till now. But someone taken it off and don't permit to add it again. 

The question is why it happens? Who done that desicion?

Best wishes.
Level 9

Hello @GevArt 

I don't think an individual can take such a decision for not keeping this statue as a POI. Like what mentioned by @C_T, there is no need to create a separate POI for anything which is inside the park else everything will be changed. Peoples can remember a statue by its park name also. 

There could be two possibilities for the removal of this statue,

1. Someone marked it as no longer exists on maps to keep the park single attraction.
  2. Someone merged it with the Park POI

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.