GaborBi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

translation errors

Something has changed and many labels are mistranslated in the Hungarian version of maps. 

It seems that the one doing the translation didn't have the context of the words so it seems very silly at some places.

It reads something like 'watches' instead of 'opening hours',

'Salary' instead of 'payment options' etc. 

Please suggest a way to edit these. I have sent some feedback through the maps app, but iI am sure there is a more convenient way.

2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: translation errors

Hello again @GaborBi. These translations are pulled from Google Translate. And as of now, the only way is indeed to report it in-app. Many other community members have shared the same sentiments and the team is aware of everyone's feedback and suggestions around this. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

Re: translation errors

Hello @JeslynL,

Thank you for your reply. 

I was suspecting Google Translate to stand behind all these 🙂 I have also registered to the Google Translate Community to find a way of correcting these words there, but that site seems not to let me choose which phrases to translate...

So, if the best way is to report translation issues from the App itself, could you give some advice on how it is best done?

• Can I send a word list of 5-10 phrases at a time?
  • Should I tag the report in order to help filtering it to the right Team (like with #LocalGuides)?

Thanks

@JeslynL wrote:

Hello again @GaborBi. These translations are pulled from Google Translate. And as of now, the only way is indeed to report it in-app. Many other community members have shared the same sentiments and the team is aware of everyone's feedback and suggestions around this.