JoshuaR1232345's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

tag pictures to shelf's in a store

It would be great if you could add a feature to allow us to tag pictures to shelf locations in the store. Or even better make a feature that lets you create a canvases to wrap the actual shelf with.  i.e. I walk up to a shelf in bestbuy tap the shelf and hit paint canvases. I then walk along the shelf (kind of like a panorama) and hit done. 

goog suggestion.png

1 comment
Level 8

Re: tag pictures to shelf's in a store

Hi @JoshuaR1232345

What are you trying to achieve with this idea?

If we are talking about store navigation:

It's a nice idea, but one would expect stores themselves to consider this type of customer service and I have never heard of a store that does. If shops thought it is a good idea that would improve their "bottom line" (profit) and outdo the competition, they would do it.

In the retail industry, the way a store is played out and the manner where and how products are displayed is a science. As a professional event organizer, I have been involved in a conference for supermarket owners and learned that it is a trick of their trade to keep changing where products are in a store, as it improves their sales! The whole point is that customers do not get to know their store so well that they shop in auto-pilot mode and navigate to the things they planned to buy.

If we are talking about an alternative to current virtual tours:

Creating a virtual dummy of a store with photos like you suggested, please explain what is the point? How is your idea better than a virtual tour with 360 panoramas? Your idea would involve an enormous amount of work with a relatively short life-span, so my question is, what is the payoff?

Keep the ideas flowing.

Best regards, Jeroen