輸入Taipei  Taiwan 出現結果輸入Taipei Taiwan 出現結果輸入 New Taipei  出現結果輸入 New Taipei 出現結果

New Taipei City, Taiwan
5 comments
Level 8

Re: Google map city set up probem

@HankTu_韓森博一,

我的帳戶也有同一問題。

@TraciC @Corrie,

As checked, I can reproduce this problem using my own LG account.

No matter if I am using Chinese Taiwan or English to input, I cannot set the City as Taipei.  Please let me know if you want the detail results for the different input strings I tested.

Googler

Hi @YK1001. Would you kindly let us know which browser and OS you are using when accessing the site? If you prefer to send the information (and detail results) privately, please send it via email as you have that information. Thank you for letting us know.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I'm not able to replicate this using English on my own browser, so can you confirm this is still happening right now and then send the details, please? Thank you!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Hi @TraciC,

I tried Chrome (latest) on top of Windows 10 and  Chromium 53.0.2785.143 on top of Linux - elementary OS 0.3.2.

Both give same behavior.

Level 8

Hi @TraciC,

Tested at another machine:

Chromium Version 49.0.2623.108 Built on Ubuntu 16.04, running on LinuxMint 18

Start City Value:  "Taipei, Keelung City, Taiwan"  [Which is wrong, as Taipei is not part of Keelung City]

- Click edit icon and enter "Taipei, Taiwan" (Not selecting from list).  Click Change - It did not save, equals to no action.

- Select "Taipei, Taiwan" from list, click change - it save as "Taipei, Keelung City, Taiwan".

Googler

Hi @YK1001. Thanks for sharing the additional details which cleared up what you are experiencing. You must select a city which is pre-populated once you start typing; you may not manually enter in a city.

So, while you are entering in Taipei, Taiwan (which is correct) and you can click "Change" on...

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 11.48.33 AM.png

...what IS incorrect is "Taipei, Keelung City, Taiwan" which appears after you click "Change" from entering in Taipei, Taiwan:

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 11.50.28 AM.png 

Taipei, Keelung City, Taiwan is incorrect because that is a different city. We will correct that error, so thank you for letting us know. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.