Mattgwood's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

i have a issue with the way the new contribute shortcut doesnt let us add info and search places wh

so why can suggestions and google tiles that pop up  offer us a place to add photos our info and our images etc   also   the  app shortcut for contributors  can also  show points but have a BUTTON   FIND WERE I AM NOW TO ADD REVIEW OR SOME THING ALONG THOSE  LINES 

google maps knows were we are since it tells us  (hey ur at walmart stocks are ... coupons are  lines are hours are closing in  ......... bla bla bla    now  i want to add info and images    guess what  i go to contributes tab and i get  the points etc    but cant  add any thing i have to close and search  for the walmart near me etc   then  So the new contribute shortcut. When I open it instead of showing where I am and being able to contribute more. I have to go back to Google Maps and search where I am to take photos and post anyways. And when I come into a store and at a pops up to get me coupons or tell me that I'm out of Walmart for instance. And it gives me details about the store why wouldn't it ask me to upload photos pictures or help out as a contributor. These are some things that I think should be implemented in the Google platform since if you're a high-level contributor and your phone knows you're there it's telling you you there why doesn't it give you the option to add photos or suggestions. You have to close out of all that stuff open Maps search you click on it go to the details when your phones already there anyways I don't know if you get what I'm saying but it would make life a lot easier. A lot of business owners don't even know how to fix Maps or how to use it and don't get me wrong and helps me out a lot being a business owner in the area but sometimes it's time-consuming and a pain in the butt when you have to keep going back and forth and searching stuff out making Corrections photos X

1 comment
Level 8

Re: i have a issue with the way the new contribute shortcut doesnt let us add info and search place

@Mattgwood

I agree that the navigation is not always Local Guide user-friendly in the Maps App.  I myself would like there to be a link from the Your Contributions page from a Not Applied listing to the live listing on Maps, for example.

@IvanLondon, some of your Muck Ups would be very helpful to illustrate the points made in here. I have yet to report my feedback in the App as this is related to Maps and not only to the LG Program but will wait for you Ivan, so I can link to this Connect post in my feedback message to Maps. I hope you don't mind Ivan.