GopinathM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

brasserie getting tagged as a restaurant

brasserie shop recently added  is getting taggged as restaurant and google maps app asks me to discuss its environments

this is the place

https://goo.gl/maps/pPDKpACxHqK2

14 comments
Level 8

Re: brasserie getting tagged as a restaurant

@GopinathM

Are there a specific Maps Place Category in French for this type of shop?  

Level 8

@YK1001 wrote:

@GopinathM

Are there a specific Maps Place Category in French for this type of shop?  

im sorry, i did not get your reply

Level 8

I am sorry, @GopinathM, I must have read your post wrong.

I thought you are talking about a Shop, that should be a "brasserie", but added to Maps as "restaurant".

That's why I asked if there is a French specific (language wise) Maps Category for "brasserie".

While I Google for brasserie, it is one kind of a restaurant.  So if there is no special category for "brasserie", then "restaurant" also seems reasonable to me.

Level 8

@YK1001 wrote:

I am sorry, @GopinathM, I must have read your post wrong.

I thought you are talking about a Shop, that should be a "brasserie", but added to Maps as "restaurant".

That's why I asked if there is a French specific (language wise) Maps Category for "brasserie".

While I Google for brasserie, it is one kind of a restaurant.  So if there is no special category for "brasserie", then "restaurant" also seems reasonable to me.

the shop i added sells brasseries , when i added this place , i chose the category as brasseries ,but still this place gets tagged as restaurant category and even the small icon is showing a restaurant

@check the link @ https://goo.gl/maps/pPDKpACxHqK2

Level 8

This is what I got opening your link:

Zivame

Level 8

@YK1001 wrote:

This is what I got opening your link:

Zivame
Brasserie

TRY THIS

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Zivame/@12.9148161,77.6497218,17z/data=!4m11!1m5!8m4!1e2!2s10220...

Level 8

Hi @GopinathM,

What i menat is, from your link, I got the Place, which the name is Zivame, with Category "Brasserie".

Is this what you wanted for this place?  I am using English in my Maps.

Level 8

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @GopinathM,

What i menat is, from your link, I got the Place, which the name is Zivame, with Category "Brasserie".

Is this what you wanted for this place?  I am using English in my Maps.

this place was set to be a brasserie shop in categories but is acting as a restaurant 

see the small icon,its for restaurants not for brasseriessee the small icon,its for restaurants not for brasseriesand since its getting tagged as restaurant,these are the options suggested  to describe  the placeand since its getting tagged as restaurant,these are the options suggested to describe the place

Level 8

OMG , BRASSERIE is french restaurant with relaxed setting, then what should we categorize shops that sells bras?