Chefberardi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Why was my photo removed?

I submitted a photo with a one star review of a filthy hotel I stayed at. However, the photo of the bedbugs at the source of my dissatisfaction was removed. Further, when I try to re-add the photo I cannot see it to upload. Is there something against the terms that prohibit me from showing others the photo? If this program helps hide this kind of stuff, I will not participate. Why Google, what the heck?

Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley, Harper Park Drive, Beckley, WV, United States
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Why was my photo removed?

@Chefberardi, photos uploaded take some time to show up in your photos tab. I took a look at your contributions and I believe I am seeing the photo in question. Poor internet connectivity may sometimes hinder successful photo uploads. 

P.S Please remember that Connect is a global community with many folks from various cultural backgrounds and speaking various languages. Profanity of any kind is not allowed on Connect as we want Connect to be a warm and welcoming place for all, so please refrain from using inappropriate language. Thank you.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 5

2 days and no response? Right on. Good luck with your nonsense! I'll be removing my contributions, and maybe share my experience with the FTC

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/investigations/2017/11/21/more-travelers-say-tripadvisor-blocked...

Former Google Contributor
Solution

@Chefberardi, photos uploaded take some time to show up in your photos tab. I took a look at your contributions and I believe I am seeing the photo in question. Poor internet connectivity may sometimes hinder successful photo uploads. 

P.S Please remember that Connect is a global community with many folks from various cultural backgrounds and speaking various languages. Profanity of any kind is not allowed on Connect as we want Connect to be a warm and welcoming place for all, so please refrain from using inappropriate language. Thank you.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 5

I don't think it's a matter of delay. I added the photo of the bedbugs to my 1 star review initially. Weeks later, photo is mysteriously missing from the review. When I go to re-add the photo, photos before and after that day show up as available to add. It strikes me as a bit more than just a coincidence. If Google isn't enabling this censorship, then I will suggest that wyndam may have a social team manipulating  your systems to flag it or something. Either way, that will likely be my final contribution to the guide program.