DaveV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Why aren’t edits to Maps data ever appearing?

I’ve noticed that edits (that have been approved) are not actually ever updating. Some of the edits I’ve made include things like: editing a business name, changing hours, adding hours, adding websites, adding a phone number. Even 10 days later, the changes/additions to data are not showing up. It’s my understanding that up to 24 hours is normal. But, more than a week seems crazy to me. The status has been showing APPROVED right away, but the data doesn’t actually change!

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Being a local guide has become increasingly more frustrating with the delays, glitches, and general unsolved mysteries revolving around the system.

Your input or suggestions are appreciated.

20 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Why aren’t edits to Maps data ever appearing?

Update: the team fixed the issue. Your approved edits should be updated soon. If you still don't see any updates in 24-48 hours, please let us know again. Thank you for your continued patience!

View solution in original post

Level 9

Get accepted but not applied

I added Website and opening hours. In Gmaps at "Edits" i get an accepted, but i do not see it at the business. Also other guys do not see see my changes. In the email it shows it takes up to 24h, but now it is 48h after my edit and the acception. Please fix that bug!

Business: 

Marillenhof Freidorfer
Buchberg 28, 8274 Weinberg
03332 7139

https://goo.gl/maps/eqRjNyZA8872

Level 6

Re: Get accepted but not applied

I started noticing the same thing Friday Evening. All edits say published but don't show up and its three days now.

Level 9

I hate that. We do have such bugs from from time to time. When will the local guides program be stable? Is google to small to develop such a software without such big bugs every few weeks?

Level 8

Hi @wishmasterf Sometimes that old saying "don't worry, it won't happen over night, but it will happen" comes into play.  Sometimes Google may take some time to index all the changes that our happening throughout the world. You might also need to fresh or reload your search requests. Also try searching incognito. I hope this helps.

Level 1

While accessing my Google map on my AOL device, I faced some issues with the location. Sometimes at certain places the destination is showing wrong, for this issue I called AOL chat support and thus they helped me to correct the destination location, the solutions are provided to me which made me satisfied.

Level 9

I do not not think aol will fix bugs for google. My changes are still accepted, but not shown on different devices.

Level 10

@DaveV clear you. Maps cache n that will sort out your problem

Want to know then go to settings then click on apps then click on maps and click on clear data done

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 8

I cleared maps cache and it made no difference. It doesn’t matter what system I make the edit from (pc, iOS, Android), the edits do no appear, despite it saying it’s approved and I’ve waited days for the update.

Level 9

Hey @DaveV:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just checked some of the edits that I made from last week and they were published and updated on Google Maps. So not entirely sure what is happening but let's try to figure it out!

Do you receive the emails from Google saying the edit was already published?

Can you give an example of one of the places that you made an edit for?

I'm also going to move this post over to Feedback as it would be more appropriate there. Thanks! 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!