Pierre_M's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Unique Contribution

Good evening,
There is something that is annoying :  people who make a unique contribution for a place . Only one photo without comment and no activity after with the account; 
Can we deduce that it is the owner ( or friends) who are the " quietly " by creating successive google accounts? ( am I a little paranoïd or not ...?) This photo which comes last often take the place of local guides who take their time to improve googlemaps . that's what 's annoying . The case is the same with people who put only once .... 5 stars.
This, can cause a loss of motivation.
What do you think about this ?

Thanks

Pierre
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Unique Contribution

Hi @Pierre_M, in the future, would you mind just using the normal rich text tab to post your messages? The frame you appear to have created requires scrolling to see the full message and may be problematic for people trying to view your post on their mobile phones. Thanks!

If it makes you feel better, people don't get points for ratings, only reviews (or photos or answering questions or map edits). Everyone uses Google Maps and contributes content differently. I will often give a rating to a place while I'm out and about knowing that I can come back and write a full review later when I have time. If people only share one photo and never come back, it doesn't mean that they are being malicious or even unfair. If a photo is fake or spam, feel free to flag it as such - we don't want bad content on the map. Otherwise, I'm not sure I see the harm. 

Level 8

Re: Unique Contribution

@Corrie ,

sorry for my text format..

I understand the view of google/local guide team about unique contribution.

And i'll be curious to know the views of the other contributors.

Thks again for your quick response

Pierre