OliverPeckham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Unable to change home city on Local Guides homepage

Hi all,

I'm unable to set my home city on the Local Guides homepage. It shows up as "Manage your home city — you're currently signed up for Local Guides in ." and when I try to change it, it says "Updates not saved. Please try again later." (You'll see that it does say Raleigh, NC on the second screenshot, but refreshing resets it to the bugged version.) I've attached two screenshots. This issue has persisted over several days, and I'm not sure when it started. Help?

Oliver

homecity1.jpghomecity2.jpg

3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Unable to change home city on Local Guides homepage

Hey @OliverPeckham, thanks for sharing this problem that you ran into. I am unable to reproduce this issue on my end. May I suggest that you clear your browser's cache, then revisit your Local Guides Home to manage your city settings? If you have done so and the same error still prompts, please share with me your browser and OS on which you are experiencing this. Thank you.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

Hi @JeslynL,

I cleared my cache and am still experiencing the same issue. I have experienced the issue across three devices:

(1) Windows 10 desktop, Chrome browser

(2) Chrome OS laptop, Chrome browser

(3) Android 8.1 Pixel XL, Chrome mobile browser

Thanks,

Oliver

Former Google Contributor

@OliverPeckham I see that you've reached out to the team separately and the issue you are experiencing is currently being looked into. Any updates will be shared with you via that channel. Apologies for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience on this matter. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.