BorislavA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Temporarily closed roads?

Hello!

These days  Local Guides announced that we can edit roads. Thats really great.

But if a  road is just temporarily closed /for some restoration/   - for example   - for 1  month  - how could we  submit that ?

I mean not permanently  closed.

Thank you.

Ecology University Master degree, happy married, father of a child with Down Syndrome. I love contributing to Google maps, fixing errors, adding new places and help people using the map.
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Temporarily closed roads?

Hi @BorislavA,

According to prior discussions at Mapmaker Help forum, even Roads are closed the temporary works, we should just report them as closed.

When it opens again, people can report it as open.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @BorislavA,

According to prior discussions at Mapmaker Help forum, even Roads are closed the temporary works, we should just report them as closed.

When it opens again, people can report it as open.

Level 2

Here in iraq every month we closed and open street even in weak. So if google make authurized people in iraq responsible for map updating they know everything about life in iraq even we can make street few if we helps 

Level 8

Hey there,

From my experience it's a pretty bad idea to follow a Map Maker guidelines in such a cases.

The main reason is that every report takes few months to be approved on Google Maps and by that time road can be opened already.

Level 8

Sorry @YK1001 but I can't agree with you, your answer imho is wrong.

in Google Maps I reported some roads as closed , after closure of MapMaker  (it was about two months ago). Its are still open. Reconstruction of that roads is ended, but in form  of "Edit the map" there is no "The road is open" option – even if the road is closed (on Maps), there is still only an option "Road is closed".

Roads were not closed on GMaps at any time. I'm afraid the Googlers will soon close it and we will have to wait a few months to reopen it....   😕
There is no good answer. We can only wait and wait and wait....

Regards

:-Przemo.

Level 8

Hi @Przemo,

We need to understand the context of the discussion.

Maybe the answer is good at that time, but not now - as the available tools changed.

The original question is, if a road is scheduled to be closed for a pre announced period, what should be done.

And the answer is to report as close if the close will be longer than 2 weeks.

Now you raise a second question.  Without GMM, how to report a road as re-open.  But now, we only have Maps to use.

I need to search for a closed road segment to double.  If you have one on hand, please post the link to that segment so that I can do a quick check.

In General, when there is no dedicated reporting routine for a specific issue in Maps, we use Send Feedback->Other Feedback.

For how long it takes for Google to process the report and got Maps updated, it is out of LGs' control.

Level 8

Hello @YK1001

You are right (sorry that I was calm so many time – I was on vacances in the middle of nowhere).

Situation changed again.

Actually we can report closure of road and also opening of road.

The only one thing is the same– we still need to wait and wait and wait (a month or two) for implementation. Half year since the closure of MapMaker, we still haven't good tools to edit roads on the Google Maps.
imho There is still not good answer.. It's sad.

Google Maps are good as advertisement column (LG program works perfect), but as road map... It's outdated  😕

Best regards

:-Przemo.