Lurchie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Suggesting seasonal opening hours

I have a public pool close to me that is open June - August. It gets a LOT of questions from people about when it's open. It would be nice to have an additional edit to be able to indicate seasonal hours. and dates 

I read the "solution" for seasonal hours of posting "permanently closed" with a photo showing the reopen date.  Given the questions I've seen posted for this location, this would be an incredibly confusing solution for people who use the pool. The pool operators have a sign posting the hours of operation, but not the months that the pool is open. 

Dealtry Memorial Pool, Pleasant Street, Watertown, MA, USA
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Suggesting seasonal opening hours

Hello @Lurchie, as local guide, you can indeed not add that kind of info, but if the pool operators claim this "buisness" on Google maps, they will be able to add that information under the Google My Business program, so I hope you can reach out to them. It's amazing how few people realise how important it is to make sure the Google Maps has the correct information (as EVERYONE is using it to look up this kind of info).

See also a blogpost I have written on the topic:

https://janvanhaver.com/2017/10/22/why-you-need-to-claim-your-company-on-google-maps/

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Thanks for the info @JanVanHaver,

The tricky thing about the "owner" of the pool is that it's a government agency, and I don't think there's one person to contact who can identify as the owner of the business.

Connect Moderator

Yes, that is a bit of a challenge then, @Lurchie. I would say: now it depends on how determined you are to get this fixed, as interaction with government agenices is not always easy. But for all you know, you might be lucky and there might be a LG working there too 🙂

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply