RottDawg's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Selection of Photos for Reviews

First, I want to say that my request may be unique...

When leaving a review and opting to add photos, why doesn’t the software make recommendations based on metadata and location? 

I have a bout 40k pictures in my library and I don’t always take the time to review the listings until weeks, months, and occasionally years after my visit. Now I have to scroll though thousands of photos to find the one that I want to use.  

I would think that by granting access to my photo library, the software would be able to use the metedata to make a suggestion or two?

3 comments
Level 8

Re: Selection of Photos for Reviews

Interesting Idea, @RottDawg!

When Mobile Maps together with Google Photos detected new photos added, it will prompt us to upload them.  Once we decline, they will not ask us again for "old" phtos.

There are rumors floating around that there will be new integration between Maps and Google Photos - such that from Google Photos, we can easily search for Photos that are taken at specific POIs.

I wish you will welcome this if the rumor turns out to be true.

Level 4

I am working on an iPad Pro, using the Photos app and iCloud for all pictures. I don’t use any of Google’s services for storing my pictures. 

I also review on Trip Advisor and when adding a picture, I am able to see my different folders in my Photo Library... I am not sure if I can select by actual location, but I can at least go narrow the choices by date and by folder view...

With the current structure on Google reviews, I literally have to scroll through 40k thumbnails trying to find what I am looking for.

I am just thinking there has to be a better way... #notacoder

Level 8

I stopped using iOS devices for long times ...

I am sure there are LGs with expertises in iOS environments willing to give us some ideas.