Portugalforme's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Reviews at regular intervals

People increasingly rely on reviews, and personally I try to write the most accurate ones I can, as payback for the maps and driving apps.

But I would prefer to be asked on a less frequent basis, possibly once a week, imo there are far too many insistent requests.

Reviews and photos are vital, but I think Google should consider how many people have left the review process because of daily requests. It's too much. Give users a choice of how often they want to interact, if this is not already an option I have missed.

Dublin, Ireland
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Reviews at regular intervals

Hello @Portugalforme,

I agree with you regarding the perceived bombarding of requests to review and share photos of a place. While you can only adjust what sort of notifications that you receive (Settings > Notifications > Your Contributions), unfortunately when you're identified as being as a location, it will prompt you to review the place, regardless of whether you have done so already or not.

I would like to see an adjustment option to the frequency of notifications that we see on Google Maps, but the only alternative is to turn it off.

Level 10

Re: Reviews at regular intervals

@Briggs it is also frustrating when you get a message "tell us about your experience" or "answer questions on..." for a shopping center (and not the specific business) or for an adjacent business that you did not go into.

It's not just once or twice, but repeatedly. I have one business I go into 3 or more times a week, yet I never get notified on it (I've already posted reviews and photos of it), but I frequently get the store on the back side of the same building. The same goes for the grocery store I do business with. I get the shopping center, but not the store itself.

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States