Hamez's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Review Replies

I don't like how I can't reply to the google business when they reply to a negative or even a positive review.

I have to then edit my original review to explain the situation in more detail.

It would be good to add a reply button to all reviews for people to ask for more detail or for the public to answer a negative review.

For example: Main Review: I had an awful meal it was terrible service.

Public Reply: I had an excellent meal and my service was fantastic?

Main Review: The member of staff was on her phone all the time and when I said my food was cold she just ignored me.

Public Reply: That is quite bad did you ask for the manager?

Main Review: No I shouldn't have to.

Public Review: You should have as it could have sorted the entire situation and you may have had a better experience.

This is just my personal view on replies.

2 comments
Level 8

Re: Review Replies

Hi @Hamez

Business owners can reply to reviews on their establishment if they are verified on Google Maps.

The reviewer can't reply back to the business owner. It is setup in this way purposely as Google Maps is not a platform to stir up a chat conversation.

I do not think Google Maps would ever be in such a way where business owners and reviewers have a platform where they have a chat loop on a review or a reply.

Bottom line: Google Maps is setup in a way that each person can give their opinion and experience once; allowing a user to see an overview of opinions.

Cheers

Level 6

Re: Review Replies

@Badruddeen I suppose you are right it would be nice to have another way as the reply I got from my review was a bit blunt and I had to edit my review to tell them what they had done.