AlexanderChalkidis's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Restaurant toilet reviews

There are discussions about public toilets on their own but it seems to me even more useful to review bar, restaurant or cafe toilets.  There are separate apps for this which seems silly and counter-GoogleMapsy.

I sometimes take photos of particularly good or really bad toilets but then feel bad to post them next to pictures of great food!

Still, the problem remains.   Knowing how good toilets are, how clean, what amenities they have is really, really important.   Really!  If you are travelling with kids maybe even more important than the food quality!

Google Maps could be a major force for improving this aspect of places we visit.  Maybe there should be special questions, or special place to add toilet photos?  Things like whether it has paper wipes for hands or (almost useless) fans.  If there is soap, etc.   I keep answering "no" to the unisex toilets question because in my region I have never, ever seen unisex toilets.   Toilet cleanliness is a much more important problem.

5 comments
Level 8

Re: Restaurant toilet reviews

Agree with u mate and hope they follow yours suggestions @AlexanderChalkidis

Level 9
Level 9

@AlexanderC wrote:

special place to add toilet photos?

Hmmm I could imagine if there were a special toilet photos section (like 'From the menu' photos on mobile) it might make some LGs feel they ought to take a photo. That could have privacy issues. It's easy to see a situation where the photographer comes into conflict with toilet users or gets reported to the management - even if they are careful to only snap when alone, they could get caught out by a quiet visitor.

Mentioning the toilets in the general review of a place seems an excellent idea - and a good way to make owners improve their facilities.

Connect Moderator

@PhilipF wrote:

@AlexanderC wrote:

special place to add toilet photos?

Mentioning the toilets in the general review of a place seems an excellent idea - and a good way to make owners improve their facilities.

I definitely agree with mentioning the facilities in the review. This does bring up a good query, however. I don't know so much about toilet photos but it could potentially be phrased into a question eventually. 🤔

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 10

Taking pictures is never a problem! 1. In the little room you are always alone. 2. Sink area or other places with likelihood of other patrons also highly unlikely to meet someone
Level 5

hi pal 

great to hear it from you . i can understand your problems what you have mantioned. it must be taken care of.