ArvidasN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Request to edit categories "Farm Stead" & "Holliday Home" translations - Lithuania

Would you please edit categories translation into Lithuanian language.

Current category:
ENU: Farm Stead
LTU: Kaimo būstas

Required category:
ENU: Farm Stead
LTU: Kaimo turizmo sodyba

Background:
The wording "Kaimo būstas" is intended to name the place whereas farmers are living, a private household.
It is easy to lean that this category is not used in Lithuanian language because of incorrect translation.
The wording "Kaimo turizmo sodyba" is an official Category in our country to identify the entity providing recreational services on countryside homestead.

Current category:
ENU: Holiday Home
LTU: n/a (not translated)

ENU: Holiday Home
LTU: Atostogų namelis

Background:
Literally translation of "Holiday Home" is "Atostogų namas", however the word "Namas" in lithuanian is associated with private household.
Literally translation of "Atostogų namelis" is "Holiday Hut".
The suggested translation would be a reasonable compromise to map the meaning between ENU-LTU languages and associate the object being the holiday house for rent.

The estimated result:
- Two categories for use to categorize the holiday homestead;
- ENU: Farm Stead, LTU: Kaimo būstas - to identify the holiday homestead with recreational services;
- ENU: Holiday Home, LTU: Atostogų namelis - to identify the holiday home for rent.

Thank you for the edits in advance.
Arvidas

Lithuania
3 comments
Level 5

Re: Request to edit categories "Farm Stead" & "Holliday Home" translations -

Dear @Corrie, would you please advise if this forum folder (.../Feedback and Feature Requests) is the proper place to claim requests like mine in previous post.

Thank you.

Arvidas

Former Google Contributor

@ArvidasN It sounds like you are asking for an improved translation to several categories of places in Google Maps, is that true? If so, yes, this is the right board to request that. We will make sure to log this feedback for you but please also give this feedback directly in Google Maps. 

Level 5

@Corrie, I do confirm that you understand my request correct.

I've registered feedback in Google Maps as per your instruction.

Thank you.