deuce2005's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Reporting local guides

I feel there is the need from the app to be able to report users of the local guides program.  I have came across a few people with names which are not appropriate for all ages.   If a moderator  will contact me I will provide the names.

2nd request would be that there be a notice for users that when they post questions about the business or location it's not going to the business.  Too often I am seeing complaints about service or things that should be directed to management as they believe that is who will answer.

Thanks

6 comments
Level 10

Re: Reporting local guides

Hi @deuce2005

I agree. 

1. It would be extremely useful to report a whole "profile" of an LG rather than the individual reviews or photos of him/her - although I am afraid this feature could be overly abused.
  2. This Q/Asystem is rather immature in my opinion. I have just come across a question like "will the store be open tomorrow"? And what the system says about the timing "in the last week". Oh, very useful indeed. True that the asker could have made it easier by posting also the date. 

@GGP wrote:

Dewd, you are such a bore... 

What's your problem, dude?

Level 7

@Csaba

I just found a few " Ugh why bother " Q/A questions which the person asked " Will there be a band playing tonight "

Really he should of asked " Which nights do they have a band onsite ".

Another one was " Is there wheelchair access " this one was posted on the USS Pampanito

There are some really stupid questions being asked by people who haven't done any research first before posting.

@deuce2005

1. I do agree with the need of this feature though yea it would be abused or spammed by those targeting good local guides or just for the hell of it trying to get rid of someone. 

Furthermore this is an email address you can report bad local guides to though I can't post it here. You would need to wait until a Moderator private messages you it.

Level 10

I completely agree, @GenerolHavoc. I don't know if you have come across this post A collection of questions asked on Google Maps Q&A feature by @Briggs yet. Go to the "spoiler" section to get the thing.

Level 7

@Csaba

LOL, That was a hoot.

Just goes to show, that anything can be abused.

Level 10

Abuse is a deliberate action, @GenerolHavoc, and most if those examples come from stupitidy (which makes them funny). 

And of course, the tool could be more clear.

Level 10

Woo! Thanks @Csaba for the mention.

I am adding a plethora into that for the last month.