BillStreeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: Reporting a Local Guide

Hello @GeorgesHR

Our business page recieved 3 bogus reviews. I flagged them but I also noted that one of the reviewers (local guide) posted 21 reviews of other places that are not real reviews.

I would like to report the local guide.

Kind regards,

Susanne 

Former Google Contributor

We understand that it is inconvenient regarding the situation, @HGM

However, please be noted that if you think a review is not appropriate, you may proceed to flag that specific one.

Your post is now available on Connect. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

Regarding Local Guides, which can also be applied to the inquiry of @macsuva, if they are in fact a spammer, please make sure to report in Want to report a Local Guide?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you @sonnyNg. I had noticed Google never posted my complaint, and figured that someone at Google was not interested in publicizing negative aspects of the Local Guide program and therefore had censored me for that reason. I'm glad to know that's not the case. I went ahead and followed the "flag" link, but I've done that before. Unfortunately, there is no space in the form there to explain why I think the guide has a conflict of interest, so I have little hope that Google will respond this time when they did not the first time. As for the "Want to report a Local Guide?" link in the message you just sent me, it just results in an error message in a bright red box saying, "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." So I am thwarted there, too. Can't you do more? Over four months have gone by already, with no assistance in this matter. It really does appear that Google has no sympathy for small businesses that do not have large staffs and resources to deal with Local Guides who behave like trolls. Instead, you have rewarded this troll for his bogus reviews of businesses he has never patronized with higher ratings and status. I've actually been so distressed with the way Google has dealt with this that I have minimized my participation on it and stopped using the Chrome browser. If you'd show some interest in resolving it, that would start to rebuild our trust.

Also note that while the troll account in question still exists, he has made all his reviews private since I complained. However, his bad review of our business (in which he actually states he has never been inside or had any dealings with us) is still associated with us and the low star rating is added into our overall Google rating. If you'd remove it we'd be satisfied.

Level 2

Thank you @sonnyNg but I get the same error message as HGM. What can I do?

Hi @HGM@macsuva,

Thank you for the follow up of the case.

I will send you instructions on how to send us private messages on how to report a Local Guides on Google Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 6

@GeorgesHR

I have identified a local guide who is leaving bogus reviews, please advise me on how to report them.

Hi @justice420,

Thanks for reaching out. I will send you privately instructions on this matter.

Thank you!
Level 2

There is a local guide that left a review (see below) that I think is fraud because when I try to contact her at the company she works for I get no answer and her company is in California but she implies she came in contact with our company in the Austin, TX area even though the company she works for is in California. It appears she is leaving a bad review to help our competitors. Our drivers are all very careful and the comment is not consistent with our company polices.

If you could verify that she lives and works in the Austin, TX we could understand her concern. If not then please remove her review.

* (

Kim Jefferson
2 weeks ago
Worst drivers ever. Almost killed me by turning into the wrong lane. Because of your negligent drivers, I will never use your services and will tell everyone to avoid you!

Thank you

Steve

Level 1

Hi,

Can you tell us how to report a fake local guide profile?

Many thanks.

Level 1

@NadyaPN @Ivi_Ge @MashaPS @JavieraAu @FelipePK @IrrPavlova

Hi,

Could you please help us block a fake account that is being used for abuse?

Kind Regards,

Craig Thompson