chinesedigger's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Questions on Lost Point discussion thread becomes inactive.

@TraciC,

I have kept tracking my point lost issue on LG.

Looks like someone turned off the discussion thread before the issue is resolved.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Questions-Lost-points-from-Panor...

original issue stated at 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Known-Issue-Drop-in-points-updat...

I cannot edit the post and the reply link cannot be clicked either, so that I cannot see any responses. (edited the above message on 1/5/2017 8:50pm EST

Tried to share on G+ and it said the link is not correct either.

Something is really wrong on Local Guide.

Looks like all 『lost points』discussions were locked before the issue is resolved.

20170108LG.png

• 144 it still the same points as of 1/8/2017 11 am EST
  • 143 - 1/12/2017 11:45 am EST, it starts dropping again without any activities. This means that the system is having some suit wearing bugs.

20170112LG01.png

• 139 - 1/13/2017 5:40 pm EST  The points continue dropping...  😞

20170113LG01.png20170113LG02.png

•  143 - 1/15/2017 5:45 pm EST, it went up a little with no activities (the screenshot shows no extra photo or review was added)

20170115LG01.png

• 139 - 1/19/2017 12 pm EST, I have not been checking for several days, the view increased but the points went down again.

20170119LG01.png

• x
12 comments
Level 8

Re: Questions on Lost Point discussion thread becomes inactive.

My guess is because there are several discussion strings about this very topic, that Google moderators or staff elected to shut down all but the main discussion string. If so, however, it would be nice for a notice to that effect to be posted on the no-longer-open discussions.

Level 4

@Alika

I know that they shutdown some of the discussions because the issues were resolved.

However, I don't understand why my discussion thread was shutdown with no resolution yet.

I very patiently wait for them to find out what's wrong with my points from the Panoramio photos.

Level 8

Hi @chinesedigger,

Please be assured that, once our Google Moderators acknowledged they are looking into your issues, they are.

Sometimes, when there is no progress, they might not give us updates (for work still in progress).

For the locked thread issue, as you already mentioned TraciC, please allow more time as it is after the holiday breaks.

Level 4

@YK1001,

I understand that it may not be easy tracking down the problems/ bugs and it may take a long time to track down this "Feature".

However, I thought there should be an initial history from Panoramio and I certainly hope that should be restored (to make customer happy). Then, I will at least get back to my original level.  😞

I consider that I'm really patient on this problem and only keep tracking when I think of it. I'll not add any activities to my local map until the issue is resolve.

Thanks for the encouragement as always.

Level 8

Hi @chinesedigger,

Thank you very much for your understanding and patience.

From my point of view, issues affecting only certain user is the most difficult to track down and fix.

Personally, I don't think it is necessary to stop the activities pending the investigation process.  Of course, if you got more specific message from Google, then just follow them.

Level 4

@YK1001

I feel that if I continue actively updating LG, then the engineer will never resolve my issue because the situation will become more complicated and my points will be lost forever. They need a stable environment to debug if they are really working on my issue.  I will just give up my LG account if my points cannot be restored. They won't care just one inactive account.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Googler

Hi @chinesedigger. As I noted on the original thread on 12/19, your issue appears to be separate from the other threads and we are looking into it separately. The thread was locked as all issues related to that specific issue were resolved and any new reports would likely be unrelated.

Someone will be in touch with you privately once the issue has been resolved. I understand that you are frustrated but troubleshooting and then resolving an issue, particularly around the holidays, is something that does take time. The team continues to work on your specific account, so you see, we do care about an account, even if it's inactive. Though, I do want to note that your other contributions should not be impacted and that's from my experience over the past four years, but I understand if you do not wish to contribute until the issue is resolved.

Again, we'll update you privately once we have more information as the resolution may contain personal or account-specific information. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 4

@TraciC

Thank you very much for letting me know why the thread was locked.

Also the issue is still being worked on and is not forgotten. 

There is no doubt that some of the issues may take much longer to get resolved.

I just keep tracking it with this thread.

Let me know there is something I can do for helping.

I'll be really patiently waiting to hear the root cause.

Googler

Hi @chinesedigger. I will be locking this thread now as the team has been in touch with you privately via email and further communication should take place there. Thank you. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.