M1x1D's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Questions about closed properties?

Recently I passed through some permanently closed properties, after few hours I was amazed that Google is asking questions about closed properties, like, this a romantic place? wheelchair access etc!  Is that means closed properties are still on google maps and not removed? 

5 comments
Level 7

Re: Questions about closed properties?

Sounds like a bug to me.

The software code that generates questions should have a filter to prevent questions for places that are closed, never existed, private, etc

Former Google Contributor

@M1x1D,

Interesting feedback.  A location on Google Maps that is marked permanently closed will remain on the map until it either reopens or another business opens in the space and claims the location. It won't be removed from the map until then.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 9

@BruceDM wrote:

@M1x1D,

Interesting feedback.  A location on Google Maps that is marked permanently closed will remain on the map until it either reopens or another business opens in the space and claims the location. It won't be removed from the map until then.

You mean doesn't exists option is better than permanently closed?

@BruceDM if not can I ask doesn't exists option is better than permanently closed? 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

@BruceDM,

Ok, i got it, but there must be an option! a new shop opened here, or something like that. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @deepakjhic and @M1x1D,

When you look to suggest an edit to a place, when toggling "Place is permanently closed or has never existed," you should choose what you feel is most accurate, based on your local knowledge. If you know a place went out of business, you can say "Permanently Closed."  If they moved locations, click "Moved elsewhere."  If the addition appears to be spammy, you could choose "Spam" or "Never existed," to name a few examples.

You may be inferring that you would like to suggesting edits on a permanently closed place with the details of the new business. Google My Business owners have the ability to claim ownership of the location and make the representative adjustments to the location through the GMB verification processes.

I am not available to respond on the weekend