JohnnyE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Problems with LG contributions from Android device

I purchased new Android phone because of many features that are not available on iOS device (i.e. uncover missing info, add a video, Q&A) and on my Android device I see my points but it's not synchronized through all my devices. Android, iOS and desktop.

Also yesterday once I logged into my account on my new Android device, all of the sudden I lost more than 2,000 points. I went ahead to figure out what's happened and I've noticed that many of my photos from the Maksimir Park are missing. Have no idea what's going on. Is it because I am logged into my account on three devices and I am contributing from both, my iPhone and my Android phone?

iOS version 10.3.3, Android version 5.1 @Yohanad

4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Problems with LG contributions from Android device

Hi @JohnnyE. Are the missing photos 360s? Unless they are 360s, you don't have to tag Yohana. 

There are a few reasons your photos are no longer showing up but being logged in on multiple devices should not one of them. Points are awarded per photo that adheres to the Maps photo policies. Points may drop and/or photos may be removed if they in violation of any of the policies. Please review the policies and if you believe there has been an error, feel free to give me a shout. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

@JeslynL wrote:

Hi @JohnnyE. Are the missing photos 360s? Unless they are 360s, you don't have to tag Yohana. 

There are a few reasons your photos are no longer showing up but being logged in on multiple devices should not one of them. Points are awarded per photo that adheres to the Maps photo policies. Points may drop and/or photos may be removed if they in violation of any of the policies. Please review the policies and if you believe there has been an error, feel free to give me a shout. 

Hi @JeslynL, sorry I didn't knew who to tag. My mistake. No, photos are not 360. All missing photos are from Maksimir Park and I. What could happen is that I tried to upload over 200 different photos from our largest park and I did it from my iPhone. Uploading stuck in the middle and I couldn't proceed further. Then I went ahead and removed partly uploaded photos from maps to upload all of them again since photos weren't uploaded by time I captured it but randomly and I couldn't goes through all photos to see which photos are uploaded and which not. With this being said it looks like it's considered as Spam as stated in Maps Photo Policies: "Images or videos that have been uploaded repetitively are considered spam and will be removed."

However I would never do such thing but as I said uploading stuck and I had to start over. That's the problem as I can see.

Level 9

Hi @JeslynL,

More of my photos has been removed, this time it was both, 360 photos of interior of Zagreb Cathedral and regular photos of interior and exterior of the same Cathedral. If something like this happen again I am out of the Program. I am spending my free time to capture best photos and follow Maps photo policies but yet my photos were removed. I don't want to spend my precious time to contribute to Google Maps since it looks like my time is spent in vain.

Best,

Johnny..

Level 9

Hi @JeslynL this issue has been fixed. I got all my missing photos back. However since I thought they're gone forever I added Cathedral photos again and now I had to delete duplicates. The most important thing is that my issue has been resolved. Thanks a lot.