cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Placements or changes denied

Re: Google Maps 

@BruceDM  @LuisRG

It would be very productive if we knew why changes to a place are denied. 

It is very frustrating and discouraging not to understand the reason a legitimate placement or changes are denied.

We need to know why we are being denied so that we can learn to do things correctly and avoid being denied.

This is really important.

Ossining, NY, USA
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Placements or changes denied

Hi @VBenedict - We get this question a lot. Google is constantly evolving to improve user experience and this suggestion is something that teams are looking into for feasibility. I don't have further details on implementations, if any, but we thank you for your suggestions.

I am not available to respond on the weekend

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hi @VBenedict,

Making the rejection reason public will be a golden opportunity for spammers around the world. Please take a closer look into this link, 👇

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Map-markers-no-longer-movable/m-p/500049#M1...

This post will answer most of your questions.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Also many of the denials are automatic, made by "artificial intelligence" (Google keeps experimenting with) but it's not intelligent enough to also explain (in human words - to humans) why it decided as it did.

Level 8

@Csaba  @deepakjhic   thank you for your feedback.

The request did not state in any way shape or form that the reason for denial should be made PUBLIC.  It was stated that the legitimate LGs should be informed as to why it was denied.

AI should reasonably be able to in a few words the reason behind the decision.

Additionally, and this has been brought up by others several times in the recent past; LGs should be able to tap the Denied report in the Edits tab and review the entry to make necessary changes.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @VBenedict - We get this question a lot. Google is constantly evolving to improve user experience and this suggestion is something that teams are looking into for feasibility. I don't have further details on implementations, if any, but we thank you for your suggestions.

I am not available to respond on the weekend