LiamAlexColman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photos uploaded through browser not in my contributions

Hello!

I've got a wee problem to report: I recently uploaded a bunch of photos through the browser. Now when I go onto my contributions the photos don't show up. However if I look for the place I uploaded them up the appear. Anyone else experienced this and now a fix? I'm curious to know the views on these photos that is why I'm asking.

Thanks

7 comments
Level 8

Re: Photos uploaded through browser not in my contributions

Hi @LiamAlexColman,

Can you post the Maps link to the place that your photos do appear?

Level 7

They have turned up - just very far down the list. Can this post be deleted?

Level 8

Hi @LiamAlexColman,

It sounds like you changed the photo display sorting from Date to Views.

Level 8

@LiamAlexColman is it new photo or old photo? The system sort the date from oldest to newest. The system read the exif data from your photo when is taken. So if you upload old photo just scroll down and you will see your photo there.

I was born and live in Jombang, East Java, Indonesia
Googler

@LiamAlexColman You may delete your own posts here in Connect by going to the top of your message (the three little dots) but I recommend leaving your post as you have figured out that your photos have been uploaded and others may come to Connect with the same question. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Hi @TraciC,

Last time when I checked, once a Topic post has a reply posted, it cannot be deleted.

Is this behavior changed?

Googler

Hi @YK1001. Hmm, you are right. I made that statement without double-checking lately on my test account. This makes sense to me but I'll discuss with the team and if we change this behavior (to allow people to delete posts after it's received a response), I'll update this thread. 

@LiamAlexColman Correction to my comment above (Thanks to Sampson): you may not delete your post once a reply has been received but as I previously noted, I think it's good to leave questions here as others come to Connect for answers and your question (and self-answer) may help them. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.