Bharath_D's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photography Not Allowed!!!

I have noticed few boards saying 'Photography Not Allowed!!', but eventually Google Maps asks us for a "Opportunity to take inside pictures". 

Here as a Local guide, we may take pictures on regular interests. But as per the boards warned, are we violating their instructions, so how Google Maps photography request can be re-designed w.r.t No Photography warning.

I do suggest to add a warning message whenever Google Maps trigger the notification (Subject to permission) of inside pictures.

Kindly share your opinions.

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Photography Not Allowed!!!

Hi @Bharath_D

You share a good topic .

First , you must know that once you visited a place added on maps generally you'll receive a notification to add new photos and videos of this place.

Before taking photos and videos of places you must check if there is a board  '' photography not allowed'' and also if the place is not is this list  https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/2642650?hl=en&ref_topic=6224587

Let me know if it's useful.

See you around

Level 7

Dear Bharath

In my view we not have to click photograph of that area, as already their signboard says that 'Photography Not Allowed'. This matter is related with the privacy of that place. like many defense area are highly protected place and reveling the identity of that area will cause threat to that area and national security. and in even google policy also written that we can not add private place.

I hope this will help you out some. 

Jai Hind

Thanks & Regards

Nischal Singh

Level 7

Yeah agreed with you. Such sensitive areas(Defense) need to be avoided from Photography.

Level 7

Thanks @Venance

Agreed with you.

Regards,

Bharath