FabianL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Old pictures in places

Hi,

when will you launch a better photo-deletion-feature?

Places, that are changed, will still have old pics on maps. I can just report the pics them but they will never be deleted 😞

Greets

9 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old pictures in places

This content has been removed.
Level 8

Good suggestion

I dont see any problem. In the same way, everybody can suggest wrong informations (number, website) anyway.

Im with you. Historical would be ok. But in my city there still are flower shop pics on a restaurant for over a year now. Reported it 10 times. Shops are changing quite fast here.

Level 9
Level 9

@FabianL wrote:

in my city there still are flower shop pics on a restaurant for over a year now. Reported it 10 times. Shops are changing quite fast here.

Can you post a link to this place please

Level 3

definitely

@FabianL wrote:

Hi,

Places, that are changed, will still have old pics on maps. I can just report the pics them but they will never be deleted 😞

Greets

Level 8

Hola buenos dias veo que tienen un ¡problema sobre fotos obsoletas porque el lugar original ya no existe!

Bien pues esa foto se vuelve unica, irrepetible en pocas palabras es un vestigio de la historia que bien vale la pena conservar y guardar para la posteridad, para que las futuras generaciones sepan que hubo en ese sitio que en su tiempo ya no existe.

@MehmetA wrote:

definitely

@FabianL wrote:

Hi,

Greets

Level 8

@Pea

Every week i find examples of that.

Just one - i dont save them. I report them a few times and let them be.

Avanti changed to OMV

https://www.google.at/maps/place/OMV+Tankstelle/@47.256611,11.3962406,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x968f...

and so on.

Level 9
Level 9

@FabianL wrote:

in my city there still are flower shop pics on a restaurant for over a year now. Reported it 10 times. Shops are changing quite fast here.

The reason I asked for a link to this place was to check its history. Although the problem may seem to be old pictures, that's probably a symptom of bad editing: If the flower shop changed to a restaurant, then the listing for the flower shop should have been marked as closed and a new listing created for the restaurant, that way you don't get old photos (or reviews) carried over to another business.

Technically, reporting these photos is not the right thing to do and may be a reason your reports are ignored. The photos are correct, it's the other details which are now wrong. Trouble is once the details have been changed and new photos/reviews added it can be quite a mess and hard to fix. I don't have an easy solution for that, especially on Maps as (unlike MapMaker) there's no facility to leave explanatory notes.

If you can link to that flowershop/restaurant and then tag a Google Mod, they can advise the best way to proceed

Level 8

Seria interesante que se nos permitiera dejar notas para aclarar de manera directa y no seria mala idea lo de usar Google Marks para ver todos esos problemas resueltos desde un principio.

Level 8

Then they should make that clearer. We cannot just clean up all the wrong uploaded pics 🙂