TaliRose's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Most viewed place is Unknown (??)

@LucioV one of your photos has more than 500K views? Great.

@TaliRose

@dmcau99

@dmcau99

@TraciC

@WetCoastCanuck

Level 8

top view pic.jpg

AJ Singh
Level 8

Screenshot_20180430-015157.png

Mine too @TaliRose@but I uploaded this pic while adding place and till date not approved

id="224847i4CE38329FBA4CFBA"
size="small" resized="true" sourcetype="new">

Level 7

Sorry, but I cannot accept the explanation that photos are now appearing as "unknown place" @TraciC as the place associated was deleted. Unless of course you are implying that towns, cities and major landmarks have been deleted by google (which would not make any sense). I have over 1000 photos on Google Maps. Too many to try and delete (it won't actually allow me to) and reconnect - not withstanding losing 1.5 million views. This is clearly a wider problem for Google - not associated with user actions or someone deleting the odd place - but a fundamental flaw which has recently crept in to the system. Hacked?

Level 7

@TraciC wrote:

@LucioV @TaliRose Photos uploaded to Google Maps that show up as an unknown location can happen because the place you uploaded it to no longer exists. Sometimes, the place has been removed from Google Maps (permanently closed or the place itself was marked as spam) or it was merged with another listing. 

Sorry, but I cannot accept the explanation that photos are now appearing as "unknown place" @TraciC as the place associated was deleted. Unless of course you are implying that towns, cities and major landmarks have been deleted by google (which would not make any sense). I have over 1000 photos on Google Maps. Too many to try and delete (it won't actually allow me to) and reconnect - not withstanding losing 1.5 million views. This is clearly a wider problem for Google - not associated with user actions or someone deleting the odd place - but a fundamental flaw which has recently crept in to the system. Hacked?

Level 4

@Gordost wrote:

@TraciC wrote:

@LucioV @TaliRose Photos uploaded to Google Maps that show up as an unknown location can happen because the place you uploaded it to no longer exists. Sometimes, the place has been removed from Google Maps (permanently closed or the place itself was marked as spam) or it was merged with another listing. 

Each photo is connected with certain location on Map, so if that location is deleted, automatically is photo with so called, "unknown location". As a result, photo with unknown location is nowhere, nobody can see it, except you on your contributions. It could be frustrating if that photo is the most viewed photo in your contributions. And it is "DEAD PHOTO". Maybe it would be better and more precise to use exif information for gps and orientation data?

Level 5

I understand that if a location I uploaded pictures to is removed, my pictures will appear as unknown location. My question is about how to correct the mistake. Is there a way to simply "link" the pictures to the new (hopefully correct) location?

Level 2

@TracyCWe all miss you!