cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Temple category not Found [ PROBLEMS ]

Hi @YK1001

It was very different, the Shrine and temples are different things xD
"kuil" more suggestive places of worship while the "candi" is more to historic sites.

Based On KBBI :

Kuil : buildings adore (worship) gods

Candi : ancient buildings made of stone (as a place of worship, storing the ashes of kings, priests Hinduism or Buddhism in ancient times)

Regards,

Rengga Prakoso

Indonesia, Sidoarjo | Cyclist | Graphic and Audio Design
Level 8

OK.  Then in this case, which exact text string do you think is correct for "Candi" in your local language?

"Temple"?

"Candi"?

Level 7

The correct string is 

"Temple" = "Candi"

English x Indonesia

Regards,

Rengga Prakoso

Indonesia, Sidoarjo | Cyclist | Graphic and Audio Design
Level 6

Missing categories in Croatian.
There is no category for companies engaged in agricultural production.
Agriculture = "poljoprivreda"
Missing categories for tire repair shop.
Tire repair shop ="vulkanizer"

Level 10

Re: Missing categories - general question

@GusM Again ... It seamed tome that the issue has been resolved, but alas...

Again there is no Drug Store as option in mobile app (Android 6.0.1, Maps 9.50.1 (#950101123))..

Just looked in Google Maps on my Windows 10 laptop and (EN-interface and system language, Chrome 57.0.2987.133) Drug Store is there...

BUT - i changed interface language and it translates as "Ljekarna" - what would be - Pharmacy

also...

As my Colleague @DavorP mentioned in post https://goo.gl/EpM0vq there is an issue of categories missing in Croatia.

Widespread businesses does not have Categories i.e.

Tyre repair shops are all around as we all have to change tires seasonally...

Cafe's with liquor licenses are all arround and their name is "Cafe Bar", but there are Cafe's and Bar's but not Cafe Bar's,

...also due to ambiguous laws, Cafe Bar's that want to operate at late hours have to be named and licensed as Night Club's so there is an category of businesses "Cafe Bar AND Nigh Club OR Night Bar" i.e. https://goo.gl/3fl1nN as well as "Cafe Bar AND Bistro" usually registered as "Small business for catering services" with Same named Restaurant/Bistro and Cafe at same address,  you are served by same person and you get one bill for pizza and coffee... 

Also OPG  and PG (Obiteljsko Poljoprivredno Gospodarstvo) - Family's Agricultural Business - Organisation or business most commonly run by members of one family... they have possibility to run offices, and selling points for selling of produce locally grown, they have even an option of running a business of vacation house rental  or rooms rental in the objects usually on countryside with obligation to offer domestic goods to hosts... usually not categorized as touristic objects.. but they most definitively are one... 

Level 10

Hi @GusMoreira

At one point everything looked just peachy... But alas...

day or so ago on GMM and today on GM (Chrome 58.0.3029.81 (64-bit)) Drug Store is not an option...  ...and as I see some Drug Stores are converted to Pharmacies and some to Supermarkets (Maybe by user input but cannot see it from around here)...

Level 10

Agreed. I too reported a few which dosen't fall under any category. 

@VlLo

@DavorP

@Rengga

@YK1001

@BashaierA

Former Google Contributor

Hi guys, thank you all very much for the candid feedback.

We are indeed working on the Pharmacy/Drugstore issue so you may see something different in the next couple of days in a few languages.

Whist we try to cover the entire world, there're billions of different types of places and it gets really complicated to maintain a lot of categories up to date and localized in every region os the world, specially when it comes to users searching for places. we can't get too specific, neither can be very generic.

I'll pass all your suggestions to our team

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

@GusMoreira@YK1001@DavorP

Months have passed but I still seek for a solution to some questions...

I looked up and it seams that localized maps pages still differ in rules and available categories from maps.com

As well as BIG problem of faulty translations...

Maybe Drug Store in US can sell prescription drugs, but in Europe only Pharmacies can do it (correct me if I'm wrong)...

Both "Drug Store" and "Pharmacies" translate to Croatian as "Ljekarna" which translates as "Pharmacy" only...

Drug Stores in Europe (as i.e. "dm - drogeriemarkt" litteraly translated as "Drug store") are mostly perceived as stores for cosmetics, household goods and non-prescription drugs.

Any suggestion how to affect translations of categories...

Level 9

There are some funny (and unnecessary) translations like that for Google Maps in Italy.

For example, GM translates literally the names of metro stations. If I want to get off at the 'Re di Roma' station, for example, I definitely should not be on the lookout while travelling for something called 'King Of Rome' !

For one, it disrespects the country's culture and heritage, and, two, it confuses people.