Mohamed_Elfekei's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Mapping speed bumps on Google map

In Egypt there are many speed bumps that are informal and are present in places where the danger of their presence may be dangerous, and sometimes lead to a fatal collision.
I think this is a frequent situation in many developing countries
Is it possible to add the feature of mapping the speed bumps on the map, and then add the alert feature to the driver if approached quickly is not suitable for speed bumps.

The intended alarm is the same alarm used to alert incoming U turn and others

Because off some speed bumps may be temporary, you may make the speed bump mapping is limited with period and it should be reconfirmed on the existence at the end of the period

mohamed talaat Ahmed
Cairo, Egypt
3 comments
Level 8

Re: Mapping speed bumps on Google map

It's a very useful information @Mohamed_Elfekei

I think the workers of Google Maps should pay attention to it.

Thank you.

Meet you all at Connect Live 2020

Level 10

Hy,

Any Idea is welcome but Google Maps is a place where primarily and mostly POI's mapped are objects with human presence and working hours. Other objects of interests are usually added as layers not affected by user interaction...esp. road features...(Trafic signs and regulations).

About Bumps...

IMO Speed bumps are not something that should be mapped. I agree they are sometimes obnoxious, dangerous, unneeded, especially when placed without proper traffic study and/or reasoning as in my country... There are 7 or more different types of bumps used here, 2 of them if driving correctly you can pass with speed over 80 km/h and not even notice them,  3 are discriminatory as they are too narrow and slower/ smaller cars  cannot pass them normally if driving 20 km/h but stronger cars, SUVs, buses, and trucks don't even feel their presence... and mapping them - it is mission impossible, some streets have bumps every 10-50 m apart... There are more street bumps in my city alone, then almost all the other POIs, not counting ones in malls...

Level 8

@PositiveVibes77 thanks, I believe that the Google Map still has many potentials not used to help the community

mohamed talaat Ahmed