deepakjhic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Looks like Doesn't exists button not working for me.

Hi

Today I'm exploring a small city of India. There are lots of spam POI's in this city but when I'm trying to remove those doesn't exists button not working. I'm noticing it since 1 month, what's going on with my account? 

@Atsukot

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Baghpat, Uttar Pradesh, India
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Looks like Doesn't exists button not working for me.

@deepakjhic

It is my understanding, based on posts by Flash, that ones trust score is different for each type of edit.

I recall a recent discussion where Flash was telling you off, that you were incorrectly using the "Does not exist" button. Irrespective if Flash was right, as I do recall your response what that he misinterpreted your example, if indeed you made mistakes with edits of this type, it could explain your individual experience.

My personal advice to you is to ensure you do indeed fully understand all the rules/ guidelines to when to use this button, so you are sure not to make mistakes in this area. Then give it some time and take it easy so you slowly build trust again for this type of edit.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @deepakjhic,

When you say not working, do you mean:

1. Cannot finish the action to Mark it as Not Exist.  Maps is giving error message, etc.  Are you usinfobile Maps or Desktop Maps?

2.  Action completed.  But there is no response.  Like no email confirmation, etc.

3.  Edit always got immediately rejected

4. Edit got long pending and always got rejects in the end

5.  Edit got never end pending and never got a result from the approval process.

Do you notice a pattern among Claimed business and non-Claimed one?

Level 9

Hi @YK1001,

Thank you for writing. 

I'm in 4rth condition. Generally I never suggest edit to claimed POI's. But I can move map marker of any POI whether it is claimed or not. 

Level 8

Level 9

@YK1001 wrote:

Then I will say it is part of recent "Not Applied" phenomenon.

Forever Not Applied.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Forever-Not-Applied/m-p/505888#M...

Gus' reply.

Thank you so much for the link. But today I'm in a city and added more than 150+ POI all are accepted. So I'm only referring to doesn't exists button. 

Level 8

It can happen to ANY edits - based on the Signals and Trends as highlighted in Gus' post. 

So I will say business as usual.

Level 8
Solution

@deepakjhic

It is my understanding, based on posts by Flash, that ones trust score is different for each type of edit.

I recall a recent discussion where Flash was telling you off, that you were incorrectly using the "Does not exist" button. Irrespective if Flash was right, as I do recall your response what that he misinterpreted your example, if indeed you made mistakes with edits of this type, it could explain your individual experience.

My personal advice to you is to ensure you do indeed fully understand all the rules/ guidelines to when to use this button, so you are sure not to make mistakes in this area. Then give it some time and take it easy so you slowly build trust again for this type of edit.

Level 9

Ohhh JeroenM

Thank you so much for explaining in details. Now I can understand everything but there were two edit I had made worldwide,

1. In Liverpool 

2. Portugal 

Well again thanks now it's clear to me. 

@Flash so sorry my overconfident words.😅😇🤔😕😑😢😟😞🙏🙏