Mixed-Fam-of-6's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Local Guides App

Ok, so I have been a Local Guides contributor for 2 or 3 years (not extremely active, but a regular reviewer) and I just today discovered Local Guides Connect.

Am I the only one who thinks having a dedicated Local Guides app with tabs to Review Places, Answer Questions and Fact Check from Maps and to Local Guides Connect with a drop down for the various boards would help simplify and centralize things, and ultimately encourage greater accessibility. Most Google Maps users I know don't even realize that Local Guides exists, or see the term besides someone's review, but have no idea how to access it or become one. It would be so much easier to share with people if it were easier to explain where to look first.

How do we go about making this happen? Any ideas? Or am I missing the mark completely and this already exists?

1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides App

Hello @Mixed-Fam-of-6, welcome to the club! The suggestion of having an app has been made before, and it is unclear whether or not Google is working on it. For now we just have to do with this forum, which indeed has some inconveniences. The 'better than nothing' argument has also been used a couple of times here.

I personally use the forum to share some of my experience in 'Best practice' post like this one:

Best Practice: Choosing a more specific category
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Best-Practice-Choosing-a-more-specific-cate...

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply