JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Limit on number of private messages

@JanVanHaver 

1.  It is also possible the sendee's settings are configured not to receive PMs.

Perhaps you wish to ask the sendee if this is the case.

2.  Try not resending the exact same message.  Delete that message and start a new message from scratch.

Let me know if this helps.

Connect Moderator

Hell @VBenedict, the other user's settings will have not been the problem, as he was actually trying to send me a PM as well, and got the same error...

In the meantime we were able to exchange messages via another way and I was also able to send test PMs to him and to other users. Google is now looking into what might have caused the error.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

@JanVanHaver. Curious to know... you are able to send PMs to other LGs correct?

Can you please send me a pm with at leas 2 or three short sentences?

Connect Moderator

Ok, @VBenedict, I will try to send you 2 PMs: one with just a test sentence and one that contains the content I was trying to send initially.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Test result (probably also interesting for @ArielleM_😞 the test message to @VBenedict went through, the one with the original content (email address + mobile number) resulted in the same 2 errors: HTML error and the limit error. I now also noticed that the correction made by the HTML correction process removed the '@gmail' part of the email address.

Additional test messages revealed: sending the mobile number only went well, the attempt to send the email only resulted in the errors again, so it seems to be related to the @ sign.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @JanVanHaver,

Thanks for your patience. There is a limit to the number of messages you can send within 30 seconds - I'm sure you weren't mass-sending messages but, does this clear things up for you at all?

Still, please let us know if you continue to experience any issues w/ sending messages if this reasoning does not apply.

Connect Moderator

That could explain some of them (new attempts after the 1st one failed), but then again: would failed attempts be included in that count?

It does not explain the initial error, though: there was a day between the PM that went through all right and the following one.

But there is no real problem now, the information was exchanged.

Level 10

Hi dear @JanVanHaver  
 I do not believe there is a limit. I sent more than 3 message in Connect.

Best Regards
Rezgar