BashaierA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Large Scale Phone Number Spam in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Hello everyone,

I've recently noticed that someone has started to change phone numbers for different and multiple businesses to another one SINGLE mobile number. Unfortunately, there is no way to search the Maps using phone numbers which make finding something like that very difficult. However, Map Maker does allow you to find places using their phone numbers. and with a simple search on Map Maker using the number +966 59 599 8999, I was able to find the places that have this number inserted as their phone number. 

Also, using Map Maker, we can find the history of changes which all occurred late January 2017. 

As you know, It's very difficult to mass change the phone numbers of 40 places at one time so my question is what should I do now and is it possible for @GusMoreira or @LuisR or any of our friendly moderators like @TraciC to help us get rid of this spam? The damage that has been done to the owner of this number must be terrible. You can find the search list of the places that needs to be restored to old numbers here (Map Maker link).

I do not want to use Map Maker because it puts the changes on review and I know the last thing we need now is more additions to the review queue we are all struggling to finish before the end of the month, and it's very difficult for me to change these numbers back by looking them up on Maker THEN searching for the place on Maps then changing it.

Please let me know the best course of actions in such cases in the future.

Thank you 🙂

Jeddah, Makkah Province, Saudi Arabia
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Large Scale Phone Number Spam in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Hi @BashaierA, thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention and all the links you provided, they help us a lot!

Our team is now investigating and will take the appropriate actions.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.