JennJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

It doesn't let you add places, it only shows you places it registers from your location.

It doesn't let you add places, it only shows you places it registers from your location.  But it misses a lot of places, and location is perfect. There needs to be a clear as day spot where I can add in a place.  There's no search, there's no entry space. Yesterday I went into three places in the same shopping center and not one of them is showing up on my local guides map. This hurts the businesses because they aren't popping up, and me because I can't post a review. I did anyway through the normal channels, but I think Google Local Guides needs a place for me to manually enter a place. Plus, it gets confused in large shopping centers. This place I went to yesterday is massive!  It has 2 levels, a parking garage, and probably 50 stores, shops, and restaurants.  There's no way google can know which places I visited. That means there needs to be an entry place.

And if there is, it isn't obvious enough because I've been looking and looking and can't find one. 

1845 Cordova Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

That is the address. But it is upstairs and there are a lot of other places there. The whole mall is outside and open.

6 comments
Level 8

Re: It doesn't let you add places, it only shows you places it registers from your location.

Hi @JennJ,

The massive place you described sounds like a shopping mall in my region to me.  Like this ifc mall in Hongkong.

For Shops inside the mall, we can add them to Maps normally - just to include the correct Floor Number and Shop Number in the address.  Like this one.

Please post a Maps link to the places / near the places that you cannot add places, or their full address here, so that we can try to look into this issue further.

Level 7

Re: It doesn't let you add places, it only shows you places it registers from your location.

@YK1001 Hi Sampson, thanks for advising re: shopping malls, I didn't release that floors can be added as well. Please advise how to add a floor? 

In your example it's pretty cool to toggle between different floors!!

thanks

Level 8

Hi @IvanLondon,

That feature is called Indoor Maps.  Only the landlord can work with Google to create Indoor Maps.

As a Local Guide, we just need to enter the address of the individual shops correctly.  Once we can tell on which floor and at which Suite # or Shop # it is at, it will allow visitors to locate them quickly.

Furthermore, if the landlord really created the Indoor Maps layers, those shops with the full address will show show up in the correct floor.

Level 3

It is an outdoor shopping mall.  Good idea about adding the address. I'll try to do that!  Thank you for replying.

Level 3

I added the address!

Level 7

@YK1001 Cool thanks man