deepakjhic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Is this a bug or something else?

I noticed this bug before 8 month ago but never reported it. Today I got irritated by this. 

When we click on any big or pinned thread it shows different page rather than showing first page. 

Here is a video. 

@Atsukot allow me to tag you here. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Is this a bug or something else?

Hello @deepakjhic, do you still having the issue? If yes, can you please try this:

- Turn off the feature called "Jump to first unread post"

My Settings -> Preferences -> Linear Layout -> Uncheck Jump to first unread post in a topic 

With this feature off, can you please check again to see if the behavior persists or if you're then able to load the threads on the first page? Thank you!

View solution in original post

Hello @deepakjhic, thank you for sharing the video! I will look into this issue. 

Level 8

@deepakjhic

I haven't looked at your video so you may tell me off if I misinterpret your text, but I always took it as a smart system that keeps track of where you left off in a thread. The first time I read a thread it starts at the top and the second time it starts where-ever you left last time you looked at it (right?).

The issue is with the URL: it says: Jump to the first unread message.

Thank you @JeroenM

Hello @deepakjhic, I've checked with a team  - as JeroenM mentioned, if you had been reading a multiple page thread and returned to it, it would jump to the place you left off so that could be why you are seeing it load on a deeper page and not the first page.

Could you confirm that you are also seeing this behavior on threads you’ve never visited before? 

Level 8

Under our Connect Profile->Preference, the Linear options can affect the behavior when we return to s long thread.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:linear-format

Please check what options are active for you, and include a link to the thread that are giving you incorrect results, so that we can further cross check the issue.

Level 9

Thank you so much for looking into it. Sorry for late reply. 

@JeroenM that's why I mentioned an unread thread in the video mention above( That was first time when I visited to introduce yourself thread of October). There are many  thread in connect in which I had never visited but when I open them, unable to open first page. 

@Atsukot Yes I'm facing problem in threads I've never visited before. 

@YK1001 Thank you so much for sharing useful link but unfortunately there is no option to solve this problem. 

Level 8

I hope they release mobile version very soon 🙂
I was born and live in Jombang, East Java, Indonesia

Hello @deepakjhic, thank you for your response. We will look into the matter further.

Level 9

@Atsukot @YK1001

I apologize for late response. Here is another video,

Hi @deepakjhic, thank you for sharing the video! The team is looking into this matter right now.

Meanwhile, I tried this several times and the function is working fine to me in both desktop (mac) and mobile (android).

• If I click a post which I have read before - it open to the place I left off.
  • If I click a post which I haven’t read - it open to the first page.

Can you please try again? Please click several posts that you haven’t read and let me know the result. It would be great if you can try this by desktop and mobile. Thank you so much!