Wazomba's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Is there a difference between a Local Guide and a Google Map contributor?

Hi all.

I've started to contribute to Google Map some years ago and now, entered the Local Guide program as soon as I was invited to.

This was done "by instinct of sharing and helping" (i.e, no planned objectives was governing my engagement). But now I'm lost.

1. Is there a difference between both programs?
  2. If yes, what? If no, what about ancient contributions?
  3. I'd like to have a report/view of past map contributions. How to achieve this?
  4. I'm now leaving in a small City on Grand-Bassam, Côte d'Ivoire, West Africa. I've noticed, few streets are present on map to allow places to be marked or polygoned. Why?

It's a lot at the same time, but please revert if you have answers.

Thx

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Is there a difference between a Local Guide and a Google Map contributor?

@Wazomba no my dear there no difference bw local guide and Google Map contributor. 

About ancient contribution : my dear if you join program when the points system come your all point will be with you. 

But unfortunately the map maker program was ended in march so you'll only have your old badge not points. 

Hope it help 

Keep ☺ 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @Wazomba good question. Local guide is part of maps. Its helping for maps. In Maps there is no interaction with other members. This is for that. You can discuss with moderators contributors etc. So its a part only 

Level 9
Solution

@Wazomba no my dear there no difference bw local guide and Google Map contributor. 

About ancient contribution : my dear if you join program when the points system come your all point will be with you. 

But unfortunately the map maker program was ended in march so you'll only have your old badge not points. 

Hope it help 

Keep ☺ 

Level 3

@Ravi_Kiran wrote:

Hi @Wazomba good question. Local guide is part of maps. Its helping for maps only

Hi @Ravi_Kiran ! Thanks for quick answer. Maybe I need to reach more level in Local Guide, but I was more excited to pin the maps and polygon places, not simply showing special places like restaurants and so. Our cities here lack places markers which are important for persons to geolocate.  How to "come back" to the full map contribution?

Level 9

@Wazomba Follow the link mention below. Watch every video with cool mind. 

I hope your questions will be solve. 

https://m.youtube.com/#/channel/UCnuA3DDpMW5cvrUjEWIIPrA/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Level 3

@deepakjhic wrote:

Thanks @deepakjhic and @Ravi_Kiran! I've got my answer. Badges are not the most important to me. Mapping missing places in my area is the challenge here !!