WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: International Local Guides Exchange Programe

@WaweruMwrote:

Is there a possibility for Local Guides  to have Exchange Programs where Local Guides from one country can visit another and experience their culture?

Nice Step.

Myself Partha from Assam, INDIA.

We can work together. For any purpose you can mail me at <EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED> and contact me <PHONE NUMBER REMOVED>

Level 10

@parthaprotim_mxnI will definitely tell you

Level 5

I lived on Lived on Limuru road in Kenya beautiful view of soccer field from my apartment. This was almost 10 years ago

Level 6

toronto.jpg

naiagara.jpgDear Local Guides, This is definitely a wonderful idea. I would certainly take this chance. As a matter of fact, I would like to share with you a recent traveling experience I´ve had by using a home exchange program, meaning you exchange your home with somebody from another city or another country. In my case, I live in Brasilia, Brazil. I exchanged my house with a couple from Canada, city of Ottawa. We also exchanged our cars. I had always wanted to have this kind of experience because when you travel to another place and get to stay in local person´s home, it is like you are living as a local. Somehow, you even seem to acquire the same habits of the family. We went to the same supermarket they used to. We went the restaurants and places they recommended us to go, the shops, the city sighs..

The thing that mostly attracted me to go for this experience is the fact that staying in a nice house is much more comfortable and cosy than staying in a hotel. It was an actual home in a gated community, with a gym, a pool, sauna, etc. Apart from that, of course, trading my home and my car with somebody else, saved you a lot of money. I like saving money so I can travel more often. This was really one of the best experiences I´ve had as a traveller and I intend to do it more often.

In my case I did a simultaneous exchange with a retired couple from Canada. They´ve done this more than a dozen times. You may also opt to host the "exchanger" in your house. This allows you to develop friendships with the exchange family. It is always nice to make more friends.

This kind of vacation experience isn’t available via traditional booking reservations. I´ve also used airbnb a lot, but this was certainly a unique experience for me and my husband. By the way, to register your home in these home-exchange programs, you must pay a fee of that varies from USD65 to USD100 per year (totally worth it). You may do it without paying, but then you don´t get to see all options of exchange. And trust me, you will certainly exchange if you are open to see new places.

I our first home exchange experience, we Ottawa (where we stayed most of the time), Montreal, Toronto and Niagara Falls. We had a wonderful time.

Level 10

I use www.couchsurfing.org for the pasr 10 years.

Thats how i travel or visit a new places without checking in hotel/backpacker inn.

Although they are not a Google local guide but they are real local guide. 

They show me the local places where local eat, drink, play...

Few of them visit me too

Level 10

@Tyeflashgreat , thanks for sharing

Level 10

@FijiThank you for sharing, i didn't

@Fiji wrote:

I use www.couchsurfing.org for the pasr 10 years.

Thats how i travel or visit a new places without checking in hotel/backpacker inn.

Although they are not a Google local guide but they are real local guide. 

They show me the local places where local eat, drink, play...

Few of them visit me too

know such platforms existed