AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Improving response on submissions via 'Other Feedback'

It has been said that Google welcomes feedback and feature requests for Google Maps and the advice given by @Corrie and @YanniY is that Local Guides (LGs) should make sure they ALSO submit that feedback directly in Google Maps via the 'Other Feedback' option. As a LG I believe that:

(1) It would be very helpful to have a date shown against each suggested edit on my list of contributed edits;

(2) After submitting a suggested change or feedback, raising some issue or even a review request, an acknowledgement email should be sent that details that submission. For example, in earlier November I submitted a Location Marker edit for The Treasury building (Al-Khazneh) in the Lost City of Petra which was Not Applied. Over a month ago now I submitted a detailed review request via the 'Other Feedback' option but have heard nothing since!!! It's good that a LG can submit a review request via the 'Other Feedback' option but what would be even better is if a reply email could be sent detailing that submission. This would not be a difficult enhancement, just an automatically generated system reply email with the contents of the original submission. In this way the LG would have a record of that submission;

(3) Similar to the delivery tracking systems available when one orders goods online, a tracking system should be introduced to enable a LG to track the status of each of his/her submissions.

The aim of these suggestions is simple - to enhance the LGs' efforts in managing submissions and to better understand that their submissions are not ending up in a bottomless pit.

What are your thoughts fellow LGs?

Top 100 Local Guides Leaderboards from over 100 different countries!!!
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Improving response on submissions via 'Other Feedback'

@AdamGT Thanks for your feedback on giving feedback (haha) to the Local Guides/Google Maps team. Be rest assured that your suggestions and feedback submitted via "Other Feedback" on Google Maps never end up in a bottomless pit! As for the feedback in your post, I've passed it along to the team. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.