MichaelGwiz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: I can't a photo to a "Add a New Place" on the Desktop version of Maps

@Flash

Speaking of trails, I've seen a bunch of posts for people trying to describe hiking trails (which loop perhaps) and trying to find a 'trailhead' or trail feature item.

I've also seen some (chambers of commerces I think) adding these as category "Hiking Areas", rather than roads without vehicles.  

Thoughts?  Before I go correcting them...

Connect Moderator

Re: I can't a photo to a "Add a New Place" on the Desktop version of Maps

Your thoughts are correct; trailheads are not mappable features.  A digital map makes them unnecessary; you no longer have to go to the trailhead to find the trail.  It is similar to this situation, but also similar to the fact that we don't map roadheads and railheads.

Many inappropriately entered trailheads use the Hiking Area category.  A proper, mappable hiking area would be a named area that then has multiple different trails in it.  Feel free to delete any that state Trailhead in the name; and also feel free to delete any that have just the trail name with the category "Hiking Area" as trails are to be entered as lines, not points.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages